heat/ac question

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

my truck has a climate control type system in it, and its annoying me to death

- if i hit the Off button, everything turns off except the defrost...it will keep blowing whatever temp i had it set on...so i have to turn it back on, adjust the temp to somewhere neutral, then turn it off because it keeps blowing

- if i hit Floor, the floor starts blowing but VERY weak, and the defrost blows strong

- if i hit Floor/Defrost, it acts the same as it does when its always on Floor

- if i hit Panel then everything turns off except my dash vents, it works properly, no defrost

- if i hit Panel/Floor it works properly and gives a little floor heat and a lot of dash heat

basically... if i turn off the climate control, the defrost keeps blowing, and if i turn the floor on only, the defrost keeps going and i barely get any floor heat

are they designed to operate this way or is something messed up? the truck is still under warranty, but ive talked to a few other people who have the same issue so im wondering if its just designed like this?

Guest tbutera2112
stfu...mode door motor might be the issue...it could be sticking to the defrost mode, and not changing properly

even though the defrost shuts off if i have it on Panel or Panel/Floor?

Guest Removed

panel; and floor are at the other end of the mode door. defrost, floor etc are at the other end. if the motor is not working properly, then it will favor defrost when its at that side..

sounds like its staying in one position till you hit panel.

have you shut it off when in panel mode, and see if it still blows thru defrost? that may be the way the system is set up tho, to help keep the windshield clear

Guest tbutera2112
panel; and floor are at the other end of the mode door. defrost, floor etc are at the other end. if the motor is not working properly, then it will favor defrost when its at that side..

sounds like its staying in one position till you hit panel.

have you shut it off when in panel mode, and see if it still blows thru defrost? that may be the way the system is set up tho, to help keep the windshield clear

idk if ive tried that...ill put it on panel tomorrow morning and shut it off and see what happens...if it shuts off completely, then i should take it in for warranty, and if the defrost kicks back on, then thats how its set up?

Guest Removed
idk if ive tried that...ill put it on panel tomorrow morning and shut it off and see what happens...if it shuts off completely, then i should take it in for warranty, and if the defrost kicks back on, then thats how its set up?

yes, thats why its called automatic ..it could be set up to keep the windshield clear...kia amanti was set up like that, and we had people bitch all the time. funny thing is, they always seemed to notice it after a oil change. then say the heating system go screwed up during the oil change. i would tell them go test drive a brand new one, they all do it.

or i would hand the a pamphlet on the auto control,s and high light the portion they never read

Guest tbutera2112
yes, thats why its called automatic ..it could be set up to keep the windshield clear...kia amanti was set up like that, and we had people bitch all the time. funny thing is, they always seemed to notice it after a oil change. then say the heating system go screwed up during the oil change. i would tell them go test drive a brand new one, they all do it.

hmm..ok ill test it out...just gets annoying when i turn the heat off because it gets too hot in the truck, then end up having to crack the window because it doesnt ever actually shut off lol

thanks rob

oh but i forgot to mention...if i turn the a/c on just hitting "Max A/C" it will blow cold, and if i shut it off with the Off button, it will still blow cold air out the defrost...so that wouldnt really be keeping the window clear would it? since its cold not hot...im leaning toward it being messed up like you said...ill play with it tomorrow omw to work a little bit

Guest tbutera2112
also, not sure what the Outside Temp button does...it doesnt control the temp at all, just displays what temp it is outside...kinda dumb, unless thats broke too lol

Guest Removed
it will still blow cold air out the defrost...so that wouldnt really be keeping the window clear would it? since its cold not hot...im leaning toward it being messed up like you said...ill play with it tomorrow omw to work a little bit

jump in the truck cold(engine cold, window fogged up) and kick on defrost, it will blow cold air and clear the windshield.:gtfo:

and even on hot, in defrost mode, the system cycles the a/c system, to help keep the windshield clear

Guest tbutera2112
:slap:

haha seriously

why is there such a big button for it? i guess i figured it would make sense that it would turn the vents on for outside air instead of just displaying

gtfo, not like ive ever owned anything this new before

Guest tbutera2112
jump in the truck cold(engine cold, window fogged up) and kick on defrost, it will blow cold air and clear the windshield.:gtfo:

and even on hot, in defrost mode, the system cycles the a/c system, to help keep the windshield clear

when the panel is on, defrost is off...turn off panel and defrost kicks back on the same temp the panel was, but very lightly

put it on floor, the defrost is on...turn off floor and the defrost stays on pushing a lot of air

thoughts? it appears anytime i hit "Off" the defrost is left on, but after using floor or defrost, it stays on stronger than when i used the panel

Guest Removed

checking to see if those can be reset

The air distribution system is designed to provide airflow from the defrost nozzle when no vacuum is applied to any of the vacuum control motors. This is done to prevent a situation where defrost cannot be obtained due to a system vacuum leak.

OFF

When OFF is selected:

* The A/C inlet duct door is at full vacuum, closing off outside air and admitting only recirculated air.

* The panel/defrost door is in the no vacuum position, closing the passage to the instrument panel A/C registers.

* The floor/panel door is at full vacuum, closing the passages to the panel/defrost outlets.

* The blower motor and the A/C compressor are off.

i think your having a mode door issue....