2009 Corvette Dyno Tune Before/After Long Tubes

DTM Brian

2009 Corvette C6

Comp Cams Camshaft (Small cam with good drivability)

Cold Air Intake

Long Tubes

Catback

This is first LS car I had ever tuned that had a camshaft with stock manifolds. This cam offers good drivability. It can be driven in 6th gear at 1500 rpms without any bucking and surging once tuned. I had no idea what to expect for power. I will say that everyone was bit disapointed with the numbers before the headers. There were even people questioning how good the tune was in the car. I gave it my best with the manifolds. However we were limited to right around 424 rwhp. It was then decided to add Long Tubes to the car. Back to the dyno for some fuel and timing tweaks and here we find a solid 40 rwhp increase.

Moral of Story: Make Long Tubes your first modification to your LSX car.

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Customer%20Cars/Corvette/DSC00160.JPG

Dyno Tune with Long Tubes

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/2009%20Corvette%20C6%20Cam%20Long%20Tubes%20Catback.jpg

Long Tubes vs Stock Exhaust Manifolds both Dyno Tuned

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/2009%20Corvette%20C6%20Manifolds%20vs%20Long%20Tubes.jpg

Well what do you want to do gearhead? Ill try that mustang if its not still in a million pieces! Or if you dont think you can handle me.. you can try my 60yr old dad in his camaro!

plus 1

rob why did u even post in here if u want to do is be neg. to davis and u wounder why ........ i will not post anything someone will get band just dont post in threads about mike u dont have ANYTHING YOURS to race with.... the vette is his daily driver and this is the post that im talking about and it was his old lady that sighed up to read about the cincy shyt

if this is mike davis...just go away....

/thread.

Well what do you want to do gearhead? Ill try that mustang if its not still in a million pieces! Or if you dont think you can handle me.. you can try my 60yr old dad in his camaro!

Your dad's camaro is the most impressive new one that I have seen run at the track and it has the power disadvantage of being the auto version. Saw it run at Kilkare a few weeks back in case you were wondering.

Id be happy with those results with the stainless works, nice gains, and this is true do long tubes before cam to get the claimed numbers most advertise.

And Davis I said 465-470, phew was i close.

I would of been curious to see what the headers would have done on a total stock 09 car.