Android peeps!

CRed05

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facebook integration is by far my favorite feature of the hero. Automatically updating your contact pictures, birthdays, events, comments etc right into your contacts. The HTC widgets are TONS better than the stock android widgets.

The facebook integration is by far my favorite feature of the hero. Automatically updating your contact pictures, birthdays, events, comments etc right into your contacts. The HTC widgets are TONS better than the stock android widgets.

agreed

Another iPhone flunky

Get out of here with your 1 app at a time running, closed source sheep phone. Do yourself a favor and go look at the Hero...

You know what happens when the US' largest service provider launches a superior to iphone OS on one of their phones right?

interesting. i wanna try hero but i dont want to fuck my phone up.

You will be fine, its easy. Just follow those instructions, its like 50 times easier to do it now than when I did mine. I had to manually partition my SD card, now the recovery can do it for you.

Just make sure you flash the correct radio, SPL, and have your SD card portioned correctly. Run MLIGN's latest hero rom, its the best!

Get out of here with your 1 app at a time running, closed source sheep phone. Do yourself a favor and go look at the Hero...

My phone runs more than one at a time.

You know what happens when the US' largest service provider launches a superior to iphone OS on one of their phones right?

No idea....tell me. Just face it, dude..There will never be a phone that beats the iphone. Atleast no time soon. Once Apple makes the iPhone corporate friendly, it's over for all other devices. If we could manage them like we do Blackberry's, they would have been in my company long time ago. Fuck, look at all the companies devoting R&D time to develop apps for it. Hero and Droid will be cool phones to have.....whoa nice, but wont have impact the Apple has.

Do yourself a favor and go look at the Hero...

I did...already reviews that aren't as good as iPhone. Read yourself.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11295-LA-Gadgets-Examiner~y2009m10d27-Sprint-HTC-Hero-gets-better-grade-after-two-weeks-use

"After two more weeks of use, we still cannot call the HTC Hero an iPhone killer. However, it certainly is an iPhone substitute for people who don't want to deal with AT&T. "

So post #35 holds true.

You will be fine, its easy. Just follow those instructions, its like 50 times easier to do it now than when I did mine. I had to manually partition my SD card, now the recovery can do it for you.

Just make sure you flash the correct radio, SPL, and have your SD card portioned correctly. Run MLIGN's latest hero rom, its the best!

Where are THOSE instructions? In the first link?

Battery is not as big of deal as you think. Storage.. 32gig of crap on a phone....c'mon...plenty of space.

The greatest thing about micro SD, I don't have to wait for the phone to sync with a computer, nor do I have to leave my phone tethered to a computer to access the data on it.

Battery is always a big deal. After having an iPod fail, I will never own something again where a battery change costs $100.

My phone runs more than one at a time.

No idea....tell me. Just face it, dude..There will never be a phone that beats the iphone. Atleast no time soon. Once Apple makes the iPhone corporate friendly, it's over for all other devices. If we could manage them like we do Blackberry's, they would have been in my company long time ago. Fuck, look at all the companies devoting R&D time to develop apps for it. Hero and Droid will be cool phones to have.....whoa nice, but wont have impact the Apple has.

I did...already reviews that aren't as good as iPhone. Read yourself.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11295-LA-Gadgets-Examiner~y2009m10d27-Sprint-HTC-Hero-gets-better-grade-after-two-weeks-use

"After two more weeks of use, we still cannot call the HTC Hero an iPhone killer. However, it certainly is an iPhone substitute for people who don't want to deal with AT&T. "

So post #35 holds true.

Only reason you can run multiple apps is because its jailbroken...not a stock feature. Where Android is "jailbroken" right out the box.

When android came out last year, it already beat the iphone. Its better in every way. I've had android since day 1, and have used the iphone many, many times and fully aware of its capabilities. Only thing that makes the iphone better is that it came out first and has apples nutswinging fans and advertising department.

Now dont get me wrong, the Iphone is a good phone, but its very basic. The iphone is a pre packaged, simple, is-what-it-is device. If you want total control, android is where its at.

Its Windows/Linux vs Mac is what it comes down to. I dont need to buy fancy mac cables, i just plug it into any USB device with a USB cable and it is instantly recognizable, it uses typical file structure that can be browsed just like any computer, sd-cards, removable battery, desktop, widgets, has flash, etc....its more universal.

Thats a poor article, let me try to find something more in depth...

This one is better:

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/312350/smartphone_showdown_htc_hero_vs_iphone_3gs

But the nice thing is, if you dont like the Hero, you can get the G1 with a hard and soft keyboard, or you can get the mytouch, or motorolas new line of android phones, or samsungs...or just install a custom rom someone made.

Where are THOSE instructions? In the first link?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=534461

But that is very out of date. Start out with the link I posted earlier (post #9) on how to root your phone.

Actually, follow those instructions, but use this recovery instead: http://rapidshare.com/files/287548589/recovery-RA-dream-v1.2.2.img

That will partition the SD card for you perfectly with one click, it will also install roms for you, convert EXT2 to EXT3, wipe EXT3, do backups and some other cool things.

Install this Hero ROM: http://www.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=mlign/ROM/&file=MLIGN-HeroV2.5.7.zip

Edited by kickass

Quit arguing you tards.

Not arguing. These are the threads people in the process of buying needs to read. Real life users. The carriers all make their device seem superior.

I just know I have bought every "iphone killer" before I switched to Apple and NONE comes close. I am will to play with the droid and HTC before I call it inferior.

interesting. i wanna try hero but i dont want to fuck my phone up.

me 2....

an this big mess of mumbo jumbo is the reason why i havent yet lol

jeff leme know if u try it...if it works mabey u can help me out

me 2....

an this big mess of mumbo jumbo is the reason why i havent yet lol

jeff leme know if u try it...if it works mabey u can help me out

I'll be happy to do it for you.

If you guys dont already have a class 6 sd card, I recommend getting one. Hero will run a lot better on one. (it says it right on the sd card, just look for the number 6 on there)