Android peeps!

CRed05

I'll be happy to do it for you.

If you guys dont already have a class 6 sd card, I recommend getting one. Hero will run a lot better on one. (it says it right on the sd card, just look for the number 6 on there)

hmm mine says

scan disc 4gb micro sd hc? the one that came in the phone got sent back wehn i broke my first one lol (drunk nigths ftl) so i went an go this one

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm mine says

scan disc 4gb micro sd hc? the one that came in the phone got sent back wehn i broke my first one lol (drunk nigths ftl) so i went an go this one

It needs to say either "class 6" or have a "C" with a 6 in inside it

Like this

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/image/b2b372496f108906

My phone runs more than one at a time.

No idea....tell me. Just face it, dude..There will never be a phone that beats the iphone. Atleast no time soon. Once Apple makes the iPhone corporate friendly, it's over for all other devices. If we could manage them like we do Blackberry's, they would have been in my company long time ago. Fuck, look at all the companies devoting R&D time to develop apps for it. Hero and Droid will be cool phones to have.....whoa nice, but wont have impact the Apple has.

I did...already reviews that aren't as good as iPhone. Read yourself.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11295-LA-Gadgets-Examiner~y2009m10d27-Sprint-HTC-Hero-gets-better-grade-after-two-weeks-use

"After two more weeks of use, we still cannot call the HTC Hero an iPhone killer. However, it certainly is an iPhone substitute for people who don't want to deal with AT&T. "

So post #35 holds true.

So that was one random review from someone I could care less about personally. The iPhone is an alright phone, but the Android OS is what makes any phone that can run it so much better. Why would anyone want to deal with a slower, more proprietary system when they could have the freedom to do whatever they choose with their phones OS and the apps and what not? The latest iPhone JUST got some of the goodies the first gen Android phones had from the start.

After using both phones too I would much, much rather use my G1. They don't make an iPhone with a keyboard either ;P

hmm after further review my card has a #2 with acircle around it i fail

dang what caards were i lookign at at best buy then that were 60 bucks haha

also trying tryed to look at that web site what exact alyl does rooting to for you? whats different then what i have now... an please in english not nerd.

ok these directions im receiving arent quite making sense.... you asked me to use recoverydream, rather than the one listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=553416. ok well in the new method listed, in step 3 and 4, is says to click to backup. what am i clicking??? i then tried entering the paths into recovery dream and its giving me some dumb error.

now im not an idiot, i installed the 1.6 update on my own, but whats going on here?

hmm after further review my card has a #2 with acircle around it i fail

dang what caards were i lookign at at best buy then that were 60 bucks haha

also trying tryed to look at that web site what exact alyl does rooting to for you? whats different then what i have now... an please in english not nerd.

I request English from you after every post you make, yet to happen.

$60 is for a large amount of storage space.

"In Unix-style computer operating systems, root is the conventional name of the user who has all rights or permissions (to all files and programs) in all modes (single- or multi-user)." Also known as Super-User or SU

When android was first released it came with root access, then the first update closed it up for security reasons. So to regain root access, you basically switch back to the original android, and then install the newer ROMs(android, hero, etc) which have to modified to keep root access.

It will allow you to run different roms, unlocks multitouch (pinch zoom), allows for tethering (your laptop will connect to your phone wirelessly and you can connect to the internet through your phone), over-clocking (make computer run faster), saving apps on the SD card, basically you can do whatever the hell you feel like to your phone.

ok these directions im receiving arent quite making sense.... you asked me to use recoverydream, rather than the one listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=553416. ok well in the new method listed, in step 3 and 4, is says to click to backup. what am i clicking??? i then tried entering the paths into recovery dream and its giving me some dumb error.

now im not an idiot, i installed the 1.6 update on my own, but whats going on here?

Just type in whatever its called on your sdcard...I think thats what your asking

Oh I havent used the program that basically does it for you, I'm assuming that it allows you to do backups?

Just type in whatever its called on your sdcard...I think thats what your asking

Oh I havent used the program that basically does it for you, I'm assuming that it allows you to do backups?

the flash recovery button is darkened and i cant click it. hmm *scratches head*

this is what i did.

saved recovery-ra-dream-v1.1.2.img

opened the recovery flasher.

typed /sdcard/recovery-ra-dream-1v.1.1.2.img in the box

nothing i can do...

the flash recovery button is darkened and i cant click it. hmm *scratches head*

this is what i did.

saved recovery-ra-dream-v1.1.2.img

opened the recovery flasher.

typed /sdcard/recovery-ra-dream-1v.1.1.2.img in the box

nothing i can do...

Hmmm...

double check spelling, location etc...

If that doesnt work you can try using the recovery image in the example, you can always update it afterwards

That's enough out of you. 1998 Audi users not allowed in this thread. Isn't that when your old ass Audi came out in Europe? Psh.

Well god dammit this is Ahmurka, and I have a 2000. You have a 1993, so you're definitely not allowed in here.

i hate to admin defeat, but maybe i can have you do it for me

I dont mind, but I did the old method, perhaps thats worth a shot.

oh thats just around the corner from where i work. so i assume wedgewood?

method 1 i copy everything over to the card, go to reboot it, and it says no images found. so pressing the power buttom doesnt initiate the install process. ive double checked to make sure everything is where it should be.

new method, copied everything over, made sure everything from method 1 was deleted.

as i stated earlier, when i enter the path into the recovery flasher, the flash buttom darkens but i cant push/click on it.