Do you think the Buckeyes play like a top ten team?

mrblunt

I love this. hahaha Torg and the Common Man were talking all kinds of trash about Purdue and how great OSU was this morning. They are now just trashing OSU and still talking about how bad Purdue is.

O-H!!!! O-NO!!!!

GO BLUE!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this. hahaha Torg and the Common Man were talking all kinds of trash about Purdue and how great OSU was this morning. They are now just trashing OSU and still talking about how bad Purdue is.

O-H!!!! O-NO!!!!

GO BLUE!

Its OH - NO... you're doing it wrong.

On a side note I heard that if your female friend likes a college team and they lose you're less likely to have sex that night :eek: I guess its a good thing mine doesnt watch football....

It's funny how a lot of people are pointing the finger at Pryor when the whole team is playing horrible. Pryor has NO time to do anything be cause of the offensive line and this supposed possible best defense in the nation is incapable is stopping Purdue.

It's funny how a lot of people are pointing the finger at Pryor when the whole team is playing horrible. Pryor has NO time to do anything be cause of the offensive line and this supposed possible best defense in the nation is incapable is stopping Purdue.

Its kind of hard to stop a team when your QB keeps giving them the ball back...

If your recievers are running bad routes, or if the d has position dont throw it!!!!!! What pisses me off about Pryor is he doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes. I see flashes of greatness but then it goes away :(

O-H!!!! O-NO!!!!

GO BLUE!

win or loose I'll still love my Buckeyes no matter what

Nice to see not all Buckeye fans are obnoxious bastards.

I'll be that guy and say it.

OSU is NOT that good this year. The only remotely decent team they played was USC and they lost. Then they lose to a team that had only won one game before this one (Purdue had only beaten Toledo, big woup). Wisconsin was overrated as fuck and had not played any decent teams prior to OSU.

OSU might be good enough to win the big ten, considering the Big Ten sucks this year. But they aren't no National Champ contender at all.

It's a great growing year for them. Give or take a year or two and they'll be back to that annoying ass force to deal with.

x2.

Pryor is an amazing athlete, but I doubt his ability to be effective at the QB position. His arm seems to be getting worse as the year goes by, and he follows his man with laser eyes. Bauserman may need some reps, and Pryor may need shuffled to a receiver position. His height, and natural elusiveness may be of better use there.

I'm pointing the finger at him b/c he's a horrible pocket passer and Tressel is an ass for calling plays that revolve around him passing. The only thing he's consistently been good at is not getting taken down by the first defender. As soon as he gets pressured he trys to make a play and makes HORRIBLE decisions doing so. Lets be honest, he got super lucky on that td in the 4th. He tossed up a jump ball and was really fortunate we(yes I'm on the team) came down with the ball.

Anyone else worried about the last 3 games of the season? This guy is.

x2.

Pryor is an amazing athlete, but I doubt his ability to be effective at the QB position. His arm seems to be getting worse as the year goes by, and he follows his man with laser eyes. Bauserman may need some reps, and Pryor may need shuffled to a receiver position. His height, and natural elusiveness may be of better use there.

x3. i remember last year in the bowl game against texas when he was a receiver with boeckman throwing. that's where he should be. but how hard is it going to be to find a good replacement QB at this point? bauserman is a hopeful, but most have never even heard his name.

The problem with Pryor is he actually thinks he's a legend. Truth is he's prob one of the worst "Throwing" qb's in Buckeye history. Sure he can run, great that makes a horrible offense even more 1 dimensional. Until teams fear tOSU throwing the ball they are going to load the box up and make Pryor lose the game. Notice I did not say win the game, because I honestly do not think he is capable of beating anyone with his arm.

The shitty part is the brains of this operation has done such a shitty job recruiting that there isn't a better option on the team other then Pryor. Whats worse is no top tier qb is gonna want to come and play for a guy who thinks 4 FGs is an offensive explosion. Tress needs to lose his ego, hire an offensive coordinator and a new QB coach. Pryor needs to be turned loose and let him play off instinct instead of trying to be this great pocket passer that he will never be. They are wasting time thinking he is going to be an NFL qb. He is a bigger version of Pat White, Pat White is now a WR for Miami and only see's action in the wildcat formation.

Its such a shame that back to back top 5 recruiting classes are going to end up wasted. I honestly think tOSU could lose 3 more games (Iowa, Penn St and yes Michigan). This is by far the worst offense I have ever seen tOSU put on the field. Even worse then the 2004 squad, 2000 and 1989 when they won 1 game

The top 5 recruiting classes you're talking about are freshmen and sophomores...lol. Give them a little time. I think people got a little caught up in the blowout wins we were having against Toledo, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin (which was a pretty good indicator of where the team was it would seem) and forgot how young this team is. Before the season I know a lot of people said this team would make some nice, exciting plays but lose a game or two they had no business losing and 3-4 games total. We're sitting at 2 losses, one of which was to a team they had no business losing to. So we're pretty close to right on pace...lol.

I'm pointing the finger at him b/c he's a horrible pocket passer and Tressel is an ass for calling plays that revolve around him passing. The only thing he's consistently been good at is not getting taken down by the first defender. As soon as he gets pressured he trys to make a play and makes HORRIBLE decisions doing so. Lets be honest, he got super lucky on that td in the 4th. He tossed up a jump ball and was really fortunate we(yes I'm on the team) came down with the ball.

Anyone else worried about the last 3 games of the season? This guy is.

i agree with you!! TP counts to 1 and runs outta the pocket, so of course the pocket will collapse. he def trys to make too much happen when his decision making sucks.

im a true buckeye which is why i can criticize them! win or lose, they are still my buckeyes.

I was impressed as hell how osu played against usc. I was amazed at how bad they played yesterday. I can not ever think of a day where they looked so bad. Tressel was simply out coached also. I honestly believe tressel looked a bit past prudue. I could be worng but thats the way it looked. Does anyone else think in the 4th quarter that some screens or use of the flats would have forced prudue to hold back on some of the all out blitz's? They were rushing 7 at times! The receiver core is good but not great. Although you can not just put the blame for pryors play on the receivers. Pryor was panicky. His passes were NOT or target. I understand he was being pressured but a good quarter back needs to know where to go either with his arm or legs when that happens. That may not be completely his own fault either though. That goes to coaching as well. To answer your question I dont believe they are a top ten team this year. They could still lose two this year. Even though my team scored 63 yesterday I think that game is still in osu's favor. Not by much though. Michigan's d is suspect. Especially the secondary against the pass. Good luck to the big ten teams though. really need to get this conference back some big game respect. Go IOWA! You have the torch now. I hope they win out and their bowl game.

Me too.. I hope they are playing him because he does better in practice and not because of politics

something is going on. what's happening and how TP is playing is just plain obvious. there has got to be a reason they aren't pulling him. IDK, just plain frustrated about it all. took my Saturday from a 9 to a 7 :(

I think it's awesome how all the "experts" were talking about Pryor winning the Heisman this year, how he was gonna be better than Vince Young, etc. Fucking idiots. I was laughing then, and I'm laughing now at anyone who thought Pryor would be the savior of OSU football. It still pisses me off that Boeckman got benched his senior year for this fucktard.

Pryor is just a cocky, douchey version of Steve Bellisari.

I think it's awesome how all the "experts" were talking about Pryor winning the Heisman this year, how he was gonna be better than Vince Young, etc. Fucking idiots. I was laughing then, and I'm laughing now at anyone who thought Pryor would be the savior of OSU football. It still pisses me off that Boeckman got benched his senior year for this fucktard.

Pryor is just a cocky, douchey version of Steve Bellisari.

I agree, I wouldn't cheer for Pryor last year because I didn't think he deserved to be out there yet, Boeckman was much better. And Pryor is definitely not proving it this year, after every game I've been asking if he really is even as good as they say, and after this game I know.

To the people who say Pryor shouldn't have been out there last year did you see our OL? Boeckman was done after the USC game. Couldn't handle any pass rush and was just mentally broken. Pryor had to be out there so he could move around and get away from the 2-3 guys that would be chasing him just about every play. And even Pryor still took (and takes) a lot of sacks. Boeckman would have died with the way our OL played last year and, unfortunately, it looks like this OL, even with new faces, is starting to look pretty similar.