On3Performance turbo kits

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91

how many cars have them installed? i know they are local and they have a hell of a price on them! they are looking like a deal but on a lot of forums people are disliking the fact that they arnt made in america. that seems to be the only "downfall" to the kit if thats what you want to call it.

anyone run into any trouble with one yet or has anyone seen one? what do you guys think about them?

(not sure if this is the right forum for this thread btw. mods plz move it if its wrong. thanks)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

not sure..i know turbo forums did remove them as a vendor tho...

i think people hate on them cause they are cheap kits...but what do you expect? $7000 turbo kits for a 1/4 of the money..i mean really?

For the price they are great... I have the first kit that Chad made for the 5.0 cars... I have not had the time to play with it but so far it looks good. There are a few people on the board that have the kit and it seems to be making power. That is all I care...

chads kits take alot of time and effort to develope. ive ridden in his "personal" car if you will. its a 2000 or a 2001 gt with the 70mm masterpower turbo. that thing screams. several people on this board have his kits. i dont know where people are getting that his kits arent made in america. theyre made right here in westerville. for the price, i dont think youll go wrong with an on3performance kit. i dont think he makes a v6 kit though...

chads kits take alot of time and effort to develope. ive ridden in his "personal" car if you will. its a 2000 or a 2001 gt with the 70mm masterpower turbo. that thing screams. several people on this board have his kits. i dont know where people are getting that his kits arent made in america. theyre made right here in westerville. for the price, i dont think youll go wrong with an on3performance kit. i dont think he makes a v6 kit though...

Chinese turbo IIRC. The kit I have seen looked as good as my USA $7500 kit.

I have been doing some close reading on that Turbo forum that On3 was removed from. Basically it had a bunch of people jumping on him about parts of the kit being made in China, "You need to buy American" and all that stuff. There was a concern about the manifold welds holding up over time, that was the only real build concern that everyone talked about, the rest was only a bunch of 3rd grade cry baby B.S.

The Admin. removed him because of all the B.S. with others on the site. He did state that he had not recieved a single complaint about Chad's kits, so take that for what its worth.

That being said, I was thining about his kit matched up with a T-76

i have his kit and it fit great, looks to be holding up. Chad designed the kits but they are contructed over seas but you can upgrade to any turbo you want. I know he has been daily'ing his gt for about a year and he beats the shit out of it.

Guest Removed
well it needs to make power and hold up. i dont want a turbo that will just blow in 800 miles

i know he offers a turbo upgrade when buying the kit.

the other thing you have to worrie about is tubing cracking etc.

that would be my concern...look on all thew forums tho..theres a lor fo mod motor forums. i know turbo forums removed him due to people being childish, and something about in employees ...there a stickie on it over there

Guest JCroz91
I've seen them first hand on Ramsey's car, they are slick. I personally wouldn't support or china turbo or an MP, though.

as long as the welds are good and the intercooler is decent. id upgrade the turbo. i believe most would

Guest Removed
iv heard there is no warrenty? is this true?

well i knew there was a few that had issues with some parts, but chad did take care of it...they said it took some time, but it was takin care of

how about this, why dont you call and talk to chad about this ?

and there seems to be alot of people bagging on his kit, but no one with any issues..(that i have found)

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=167&order=desc&page=4

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132530

and so on...just google search it..the second link there is a long ass read, but all you get are people's opinions on buyying a cheap kit...

Edited by Removed

i am willing to bet all the trash that says "don't buy chad's kit, it was put together in china", shop at walmart and wear nike shoes. Everything walmart sells is from china, guess where those nike's came from. come on, i bleed red/white/blue but why pay 6k when you have an option like this? times are tough, buy results.

tom

Edited by Stallion Motorsports

tm forum is bullshit, trent that owns the site isnt even man enough to talk to me, return messages, etc. He knows he is in the wrong and he is the one with his tail between his legs. It was a smack in my face and he know is, thats why he is just hiding behind his comuputer and wont even talk about why he sent me my money back. There is too much to cover in that and I dont care/have the time to go into detail on that subject. Its the internet, what would happen to this world if we believe everything we read online

Wouldnt you think there would be threads all over that forum is the kits had problems? There isnt and guess what, just like any other business. If someone has a problem, it gets fixed within reason

There are a lot of bs parts out there aftermarket, however testing stuff and finding a manufacture that knows what they are doing will say a lot. Thats why the kits make power, work they way they are supposed to and make the numbers at the track. I have customers going mid 9's on the master power 76mm, 306 boss block, through a turbo 400 I believe it was. Almost 10.0's on stock block cars and shifting gears(On 3 70mm turbo equipped). My street sweeping 2v going an unheard of 12.13 @119 lol....I can keep going

I daily drive the 02 setup on the base turbo, its money and as good of shape as the day it was installed. My option on master power is worse than any, he wont even fix the one thats on my personal cobra and has maybe 50 miles on it. I have been talking with Precision and seems like thats the route things will be going and they were very happy to try to work something out. Im sure there are maybe a half dozen or more on here that will vouch I drive the shit out of the 02 and that car loves boost and has been great. Still will stock the mp for those that want it but just going to make sure people know that the 1 year warranty is not exactly something that they should count on.

This is a customer about to go 8's on my setup, its a pretty much full out build and went to a 78mm but thats car moves out. I had a 5.0 customer this week tuned by sto mustangs in st. louis, stock e7 head, stock cam, trick flow upper/lower on 11psi make 521/565 I believe it was on a 100k+ motor(On3 70mm turbo). My cobra results are on here and tomorrow Brian will be doing the new 4.6 3v 05+ system.

Here is the car going 8's, trapping 150+

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1165770

All mod motor setups are 16 gauge 304 stainless and if supports are used on the 2v to hold the turbo, that all helps.

The only ones that post anything negative have different kits and just haters. There are several companies not very happy as well, Ill tell you the reason. The kits work, they bolt up, come with everything you need if you choose(injectors, maf, pump, etc) and price tag comes in at less than 50% of most kits out there. Is it the best kit out there, no but it will hold its own to most of the kits out there. I have some dealers of hellion selling the kits and are just as happy with the quality and numbers they are making.