cinergi

Here's a car auction that we're conducting at work:

http://www.fasttrackauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?fasttrack779/category/ALL

BMW Z3

Mustang 4 cylinder convertible

MG Midget

CUSTOM Harley Sportster 1200

Bayliner Capri

Dodge Intrepid <--- needs lifter adjusted. (Just found out.)

Pontiac Grand AM GT

Mazda Protege

International 17ft moving truck

Ford Expedition

John Deere

I would like to bid on that John Deere but I am not really comfortable giving my Credit Card # with 3 digit security code.

Anyone use that site before?

Edited by cheezoto
incorrect spelling

Here's a car auction that we're conducting at work:

http://www.fasttrackauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?fasttrack779/category/ALL

BMW Z3

Mustang 4 cylinder convertible

MG Midget

CUSTOM Harley Sportster 1200

Bayliner Capri

Dodge Intrepid

Pontiac Grand AM GT

Mazda Protege

International 17ft moving truck

Ford Expedition

John Deere

So, what's the deal. The Z3 you have listed in the auction is this one:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1396556929.html

Atlantic Blue 1999 BMW Z3 with low miles - $8500 (Grandview)

BMW Z3

186hp 2.5 liter inline 6-cylinder, 5 speed manual, 70k miles. Atlantic blue with tan leather interior, woodgrain dash trim, power and heated seats, power mirrors, power top. Garage kept the majority of its life. Top is in good shape and keeps the rain out. This was not driven in winter and only ever saw rain if it got caught in a popup shower.

30 day warranty!!

If you have any questions please email me (immediate response) or call Greg @ 614-360-1584

I buy/sell/trade!!!!

Brand: BMW

Description: 1999 Atlantic Blue BMW Z3 CONVERTIBLE with LOW miles!!

Model: Z3

Specifications: VIN# 4USCH9335XLF9430

Additional Information: You can't ask for a better summer car!! This will get you everywhere in absolute class, style and comfort!! With only 69,000 miles it has the super reliable manual transmission. This is fully loaded and powered, premium sound system, leather, power seats and top, chrome wheels and great on gas at nearly 30mpg with 240hp out of this 2.3L engine. Questions? Call Greg @ 614-360-1584.

So.... is it a 2.5L or 2.3L? 186HP or 240HP? For sale or up for auction?

It is up for auction. They retailed it for awhile and did not get any bites they liked, so it went to auction. Some cars that we have stay retailed for 90 days or longer before they go to auction. In this case, the car was driven from time-to-time by the owner so it didn't go to auction in a timely manner.

When they wrote the original ad (the staff), they did misprint the engine size. I assumed (wrongly) that the car was a 2.3L because of the badging, but it is indeed the 2.5L engine... I don't know the BMW's that well, obviously.

Here's Wikipedia info:

"In the North American market, the inline-4 engine was complemented by a larger straight-6 engine in 1997: the 2.8 L M52B28. This engine, similar to the BMW M52 in the 328i except with an all aluminum block and head, was especially desirable with its 189 hp (141 kW). The M Roadster (see below) appeared in 1998 with a 3.2 L S52B32 (North America) or more powerful S50B32 (International) I6, just as the four was retired. In 1999, the 1.9 L 4-cylinder engine was replaced with a 2.5 L straight-6 M52TUB25, producing 170 hp (130 kW). Due to marketing, BMW wanted to differentiate the 2.8 L engine from the 2.5 L engine, so it was badged 2.3 just like the 3-Series 323i, which also has a 2.5 L engine."

So, the 2.3 badged car has a 2.5L engine.

I don't understand the bidding thing on the BMW. It says the high bidder is "8699" which I'm assuming identifies a person, so why did they continue bidding themselves $1000 higher with no competition?

Guest Removed
I don't understand the bidding thing on the BMW. It says the high bidder is "8699" which I'm assuming identifies a person, so why did they continue bidding themselves $1000 higher with no competition?

MaxBids are not disclosed!