oil leak? help

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
saw some oil under the car...looks like oil, etc...trying to find the leak, i started to trace it up the engine, and i dont know if its spraying out of a hose or something or what....it looks like its coming out of the power steering reservoir...i thought power steering fluid was redish, this stuff looks like engine oil...inside the reservoir too....whats going on??

Guest tbutera2112

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1306.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1317.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1315.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1314.jpg

maybe thats how the power steering fluid looks on this car? or did someone maybe fill the PS reservoir with oil? how do i flush it and stop it from leaking? or is it not even coming out of there? the engine oil is on the full line just like it was the other day...so i dont think the actual engine is leaking, i think its right there

Guest tbutera2112

looking at a saab forum its saying that the seal inside the power steering pump goes out and lets engine oil in and it spills out of the reservoir....

does this seem right to you guys?

Guest tbutera2112

also, this looks like i can just bolt it off and bolt it back on?? is there anything actually involved in chaninging it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Woody91GSX/Saab/Untitled-3.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
i would wipe the oil down from everywhere. start the car back up and look for the leak or and residue on the motor afterwards.

ok i will try this, but im positive its coming from the PS reservoir

Guest tbutera2112
I would take it straight back to the dealer and ask WTF.

bought it private party, and the guy wont give me any money back since he already chopped the price $900 from what he was asking

Guest tbutera2112

and the leak just started today...the puddle under the car is pretty significant, and theres no other puddles from the other couple days ive had it

and on the saab forums, i guess this is very common....my fuckin luck, its not even that its expensive to replace, or hard...just sucks when you dont have any money to do it

Guest tbutera2112
Threaten him with a lawsuit. That might make him change his mind. Even though I dont think you have any legal recourse. Run it to Robs.

hes a police officer, so im sure he knows what i can and cant do

and i dont wanna piss him off, i still have to pick up the side mirror glass from him *it fell out and he ordered another*, and the spare key

i made rob an amazing deal on buying my parts and fixing it, so im hoping he takes me up on it

i made rob an amazing deal on buying my parts and fixing it, so im hoping he takes me up on it

SAAB - Somethings Always Ass Backwards

Tylers backwards, he doesnt realize that the business is suppose to make tha amazing deals to get customers, not the other way around. Silly saab owners.:p Even better he's a cop, he has a reputation he doesnt want run through the mud or people to think he screwed someone.

Guest tbutera2112
Tylers backwards, he doesnt realize that the business is suppose to make tha amazing deals to get customers, not the other way around. Silly saab owners.:p Even better he's a cop, he has a reputation he doesnt want run through the mud or people to think he screwed someone.

lol well if he doesnt take me up on my offer, ive got a couple lined up to buy my xbox, so i can fix it...either way ill be fixing the pump today or tomorrow...damn...i skipped class yesterday to deal with stuff, going for my exam today, ill be skipping tomorrow if this isnt fixed, and im skipping thurs to take my gf to the pumpkin thing in circleville....teachers gonna hate me this week

Guest Removed

tyler you offer sucks...just cause AZ shows it online, doesnt mean they stock the part ..of course i get it cheaper , but the only one i can find is in stock at saab for 326.40 my price. all the aftermarket places are on national back order on the thing.

and this is a common problem with these cars..i told you to stay the fuck away from a saab. one of these days you'll learn to listen to me.

and just got of the phone with someone that just called back about one, i can have one in 3 days @ 175 thats with shipping and every thing, but you get 50 of that back once they get the core...