4wheeler peeps, need help with potential purchase

Sully

***UPDATED***

Now looking at a different quad. See post 19 for details.

I went and looked at a 2002 Honda 400ex this morning. It has a white brothers pipe, has hot cams, 440 bore kit, wiseco head, sprocketed, kn air filter, aftermarket did swing arm, renthal bars, saftey cut of switch, has nerf bars. new razor tires all the way around, double o ring chain.

Edited by Sully

bent bars could mean it was crashed an flipped(common thing if u ride hard lol)

1500 is a really good deal actualyl so long as everythgin else checks out pick it up. worst case u can flip it preety easily since its got the 440 kit on it. it appeals to alot of people. great trail quad i woudl give it a go!

even know its a Hon-DUHHHH :)

dont buy it.. those 440 kits are nightmares.

i had a 440 kit on my 400. they run hot, the blow head gaskets alot, they are high maintenance. just one, or ones that has bolts ons. they are fast with the 440 kit, but a PIA.

weird all my buddys that i use to race with didnt have any issues wityh the 440 kit, an the only life those quads lived were on a mx course gettin beat to all hell.

also have 1 buddy that ran his out in the dezert with me an had no issues as well.

just buy a yamaha an be done with it :p

thats a really good deal but the 440 kits are a pain in the ass....alot of upkeep....ive got a highly modded 04 yfz450 ill sell ya......not for 2g tho lol.....and i garuntee mine under normal riding

What do you mean by "a lot of upkeep"?

What do you mean by "a lot of upkeep"?

maintinence and constantly tooning, the 440 kits seam to need rebuilt quick. the guy i raced with has a 2000 400 ex with the kit and was constantly working on it. overheated alot too. he ended up selling it and buying a yfz450....

So now I'm thinking about looking at this:

2003 Suzuki Quadsport 400. The motor just got rebuilt. New piston, rings, valves and a new clutch was also installed. He has ridden it for about an hour since the rebuild.

What are the thoughts on these? Does anyone know if these have push throttles or twist throttles?

So now I'm thinking about looking at this:

2003 Suzuki Quadsport 400. The motor just got rebuilt. New piston, rings, valves and a new clutch was also installed. He has ridden it for about an hour since the rebuild.

What are the thoughts on these? Does anyone know if these have push throttles or twist throttles?

how much?

an they come with thumb but they make conversion kits for under 40 bucks for a twist throttle

all quads come from factory with thumb throttles. id offer the 400ex guy 2000.00...he should take that. F the scuzpukky lol......better yet buy my yfz! ill make you a killer deal....

I'm not wanting to drop more than 2K on a quad.