I am thinking of buying a handgun.

OGRE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ty for the listing, unfortunatly i really hate that color.

Going to a range soon and will hopefully shoot a RIA/springfield G.I and a P90, i've been scowering the interweb and a couple other forums and i keep coming back to those 3.

Beautiful: http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GPW9151LP

Edited by OGRE

i have a 1911 and love it you can get a new basic one for around 500 but if you go used like to a gun show you can get some nice ones for around 500.

the .357 is also a good caliber but the make and the model will make all the difference. Then while your at the range you can also shoot 38 specials in a .357 which would be cheaper to shoot but wouldnt be dead on like shooting a 357 mag. through it.

Smith & Wesson and Ruger are the best revolvers for the money ( my opinion from personal expierences)

Talked with my local dealer, but going to vances for a second opinion.

I would really like a Springfield Armory GI S/S. But the guy hear in hilliard says they are hard to come by and to expect to pay $600. which is more than i would like too.

We will see. If i cannot find that gun for the price i have seen around the internet $520-550 i'll go haead and get the ruger P90 and then save up for Kimber down the road.

Can't go wrong with a p90. I've been rocking a p91 (similar, in .40) for years and thoudands of rounds, and can easily outshoot custom 1911's, glocks, HKs and many other more expensive pistols with it. Unless it's a safe queen practice is really more important that price, given all your candidates are acceptable. The P90 is a chunky gun though, so concealement is tougher.

i've fired a loooooooot of pistols and the best advice is to shoot them yourself however a narrowed down list would be a good start. the best handguns in my personal/professional experience are 1911 .45, H&K USP 9mm, Walther P99, I don't care for glocks however they are really nice guns as well

I may have a line on a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-spec, they are asking $689, i'm going to offer 650, or the 689 with an extra (grip extention clip) and a box of ammo :D

if not, i'll keep looking.

good news, my budget just got bigger, i got about $720 to play with now but i want som ammo, and a couple clips too.

Springfield GI:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs058.snc3/14566_101756746515569_100000437336398_49501_1790490_n.jpg

Got it for $550 and had to drive to dayton to find one, vances would order me one for $600. I'm pretty happy. got 100 target rounds, 50 winchester ranger hollow points, cleaning kit, and slide grease for $690 out the door. :)

When we going shooting?

I may have a line on a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-spec, they are asking $689, i'm going to offer 650, or the 689 with an extra (grip extention clip) and a box of ammo :D

if not, i'll keep looking.

good news, my budget just got bigger, i got about $720 to play with now but i want som ammo, and a couple clips too.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...