2006 Explorers...

V8 Beast

Looks and handles pretty well.. are these things really worth $18k? At this point I'm either getting a junker to tide me over for a year, a 2004 Aviator ($18k 50k miles), or a 2006 Exploder ($18k 50k miles).

Aviators are like finding needles in hay stacks... Explorers are so easy to find and the shitty resale may work in my favor...

Thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
You know dealerships always say yes. I will say the engine is clean enough to eat off of. Who ever had that car took care of it.

at kia, if you inspected used cars, you have to prove it...if they claim it, just ask for the inspection sheet and the techs notes. oh and our details guys, could make one look like that, it if came in looking like ass.

I wouldnt call a $18k vehicle a junker. Come see my rides for junker reference. But no these are not worth that amount.

I'm either getting a junker to tide me over for a year, a 2004 Aviator ($18k 50k miles), or a 2006 Exploder ($18k 50k miles).

3 different options. Junker, $18k aviator, or $18k explorer. If I get a junker It'll be less than $6k

I figured the price was inflated to leave room for negotiating... I'll do what I always do and use a big down payment to talk the price down.

14.5 would be max on the exploder....

cough http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70710 cough

lol. I was figuring I could talk them down to about 15.5. They gotta make a profit ya know. I wish they had an aviator at a dealership that my dealership had a working relationship with.

If anyone can think of an suv in the $15k range that has 3rd row seating, 4wd, over $6000lbs tow capacity, and good safety ratings please let me know. My bonus check is being held for ransom by my job so its looks like I have a month to make a decision.

I saw that ram before, thanks for reminding me! I was going to show it to the wifey and forgot.

Both have too many miles. The one at Walcut Auto is a few minutes from my house. I want to keep it below 60k miles ii possible. Only one in Columbus is out east by you at a Lincoln dealership.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that something pops up before the end of November.

If anyone can think of an suv in the $15k range that has 3rd row seating, 4wd, over $6000lbs tow capacity, and good safety ratings please let me know. My bonus check is being held for ransom by my job so its looks like I have a month to make a decision.

expedition mine seats 9 tows a shit ton mines older though u can find newer ones for under 15k easily., excursion big bad mofo make sure to get diesel though as the v10 sucks gas more then phil sucks cock. tahoe/yukon( hate to say it cause well fuck gm but yea there nice)

expedition mine seats 9 tows a shit ton mines older though u can find newer ones for under 15k easily., excursion big bad mofo make sure to get diesel though as the v10 sucks gas more then phil sucks cock. tahoe/yukon( hate to say it cause well fuck gm but yea there nice)

Thanks I'll look into them... Seating 9 would actually put me in a car that fits all my neices and nephews.

Yeah, I heard Phil only gets 9 cocks to the gallon..

Oh yeah, and $18k for a Ford SUV with 50,000 miles in outrageous. Don't do it. At that price and miles you should be looking at Navigators.

ditto. or a newer used yukon/suburban. My dad has had luck the past 15 years with Suburbans. Granted he buys them new but regularly puts between 130-150k miles on them in five years, tows quite a bit (his cobra, harley, and boat) at different times, and I think the biggest problem he had with the 04 he just traded in was his drivers seat heater stopped working last year, at around 120k miles. No engine/tranny issues, 4wd is awesome, he does snow trips for winter skiing, hauls my sisters shit to college and back, etc. And it seats 7 because he gets the captain chairs in the back, but you could opt for the bench and fit eight.

Oh and it tows 10,000lbs.

I've been contemplating a durango recently for our next large vehicle, but i'm not looking to spend $15k either.