Black Z06 -- Ran 9s / Drove home

Turbotrio

Went down to KilKare last night with the Black SC Z06 since Chris was back in town for a few days. First pass he went 9.80 @ 140 and then 10.1 @ 141 off spray and then two passes on spray he had to lift on -- one due to the car getting away from him and the other he blew off an intercooler pipe. We were hoping he would be able to run out a spray pass to get into the low low 9s (And 150mph range) but it just wasn't hooking up for him at all last night. His 60-fts were much better back in March (Also at Kilkare) but he had a good time and it still ran a 9 right out of the gate.

Nice thing was our client with the Procharged Camaro broke the driveshaft again on his second pass (First was a 12.0 @ 119 with the traction control on) so since Chris' car was fine he drove the Z06 home and we trailered the Camaro back to the shop instead. He said it averaged 22mph driving home and it feels like he could have driven it back to TX if he wanted to lol.

Nice seeing many of you out :)

Jeff

PS -- Any stories about street racing on the way home are 100% fictional :)

how is that a nice thing that he broke a driveshaft? did that z06 have a shoot on it cuz stopped from 150 on that track has to suck

The new Camaro SS broke the drive-shaft but since the Z06 was fine at the end of the night he got a free ride back to the shop. Vette drove home, Camaro had to get a lift lol.

Jeff

He hasn't had any time to look at it today so probably won't know anything until the weekend. I keep trying to talk him into a 427 so he won't have to spray so much lol.

Jeff

Ill make him a good deal on an LS3 since it spanks his bottom anyway.lol

He hasn't had any time to look at it today so probably won't know anything until the weekend. I keep trying to talk him into a 427 so he won't have to spray so much lol.

Jeff

Jeff,

Tell him to take off the spray and hang a a big fat single on it. He should know by now how much power those vettes make with a hair dryer.

Jeff,

Tell him to take off the spray and hang a a big fat single on it. He should know by now how much power those vettes make with a hair dryer.

I have tried and he just loves the current blower/spray set-up on the street. He wants us to do a custom water-to-air intercooler system next with a rear spindle kit to sport a set of 15" slicks. That should cover the traction issues lol.

For top-speed mode we are going to put a built 6-speed with a triple-disc clutch in to see if she can't go 230+ next year :)

Jeff

I have tried and he just loves the current blower/spray set-up on the street. He wants us to do a custom water-to-air intercooler system next with a rear spindle kit to sport a set of 15" slicks. That should cover the traction issues lol.

For top-speed mode we are going to put a built 6-speed with a triple-disc clutch in to see if she can't go 230+ next year :)

Jeff

I was thinking of Peanuts truck when I made that post. Tell Planters boy to get the biggest turbo that he can fit on that TBSS.

I was thinking of Peanuts truck when I made that post. Tell Planters boy to get the biggest turbo that he can fit on that TBSS.

We saw one at the Shoot-out that was identical to his (Color / Wheels / Etc) but had a big single sticking through the bumper. Guy said it ran 9.80s but we never watched it make a pass so who knows. That would be a bit much for a daily driver as I doubt he has any thoughts of making his TBSS an all-out drag project.

Jeff

u wouldnt know about 150+ clown i have been 155 on mine on motor there ........ and mike said try 171+ on my bike with 1 front rotor

I've been 156mph single front rotor, Its not that bad! Okay maby a little scary sometimes lol