Anyone on the east side

igotaprestent4u

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you guys go gimme a howl, you know you will get a minority shoulder from the Harley Brothas...I don't care, I do lots of poker runs and always run into some good folks....

It's a pretty mixed crowd. The the majority are Harley's but I know of a lot of Sport bike riders that go up. Usually just for the run to the fairgrounds, walk around for a bit and then take off get some lunch somewhere and go ride around.

Do you have any plans in the works?

I going to do another ride to the Kinzua Dam in Pa. Possibly a ride to the Grand Canyon of the East in Pa. and hoping to get over to the Finger Lakes region in N.Y. Beside the normal just about every day ride for a couple hours and weekend trips just going South spending the day riding.

I understand. Just wanted to mention it. What kind of country ride are you talking about? Day rides, all backroads? I these type of rides just about everyday through prime riding season. Kirtland Hills, Chardon, Kirtland, Chesterland, Newbury, Mantua, Chagrin River rd. Basically anything I can get to in a couple hours. Typical ride is 100-200 miles zig zaging all over the place.

I've live in the North East all my life and Landscaped in the area for 15 years so I know just about every road. Either way my typical trip from Mentor to Chagrin Falls can take up to 100 miles one way. Straight shot is right around 30. Let me know in the spring when you want to get out and I will show you some of my favorites. There are actually some decent roads but the speed limits are pretty low but it is some nice riding.

Do you have any plans in the works?

I going to do another ride to the Kinzua Dam in Pa. Possibly a ride to the Grand Canyon of the East in Pa. and hoping to get over to the Finger Lakes region in N.Y. Beside the normal just about every day ride for a couple hours and weekend trips just going South spending the day riding.

Look me up for these rides me and a few friends have been planning on hitting Kinzua always down for some nice rides.

No problem. Last year when I went to Kinzua I just took the ride in the spur of the moment. One other guy and myself. It was a nice ride. Just over 500 miles round trip. No set plans. We just met a a gas station in Mentor and headed east. I looked up some roads before I left but no maps. He had an I-phone and occasionally looked up where we were at along the way just to get our bearings straight. We ended in Geneva to stop and get a burger at Eddie's FTW!

If there will be a group of us going then we might want to map the trip with some meeting points, roads that look interesting and places people want to stop. One road for sure I want to ride is 666.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/pa_allegheny.html

I have heard good things about it and know they repaved some of it last year. Because part of it was closed for resurfacing when I was over there.

When I do do the trip it will be in the Summer or late spring just because I want to have prime riding conditions. We ran into rain last time and the ride home was miserable.

No I didn't take 6 the whole way. If I remember correctly. We took 322 to 358 in Greenville, then caught 62 in Sandy Lake, followed 62 where it merges into 6 in Warren Pa. then 59 to the Dam. On the way home we took 62 to 69 to 957, 957 merges into 6N and basically rode that out to 90 in the rain.

It was a nice ride but I did see a couple roads I would like to do some exploring on. 666 is one 337 is another.