No ac / heat?

MackDaddy43

Hello,

I have an audi a4 1.8t and i dont have heat OR ac.

With winter coming up this reallyyyy sucks.. heated seats dont quite do the trick.

I didnt want to pay a shitload to get it done, so i was wondering if you guys would know what it is.

I've heard that if I recharge the freon it should help.. but ive also heard that would only help the ac.

When i turn on the air / heat all it doesnt do anything. I dont get any fans spinning or anything.

Please help me!

Thanks

Hello,

I have an audi a4 1.8t and i dont have heat OR ac.

With winter coming up this reallyyyy sucks.. heated seats dont quite do the trick.

I didnt want to pay a shitload to get it done, so i was wondering if you guys would know what it is.

I've heard that if I recharge the freon it should help.. but ive also heard that would only help the ac.

When i turn on the air / heat all it doesnt do anything. I dont get any fans spinning or anything.

Please help me!

Thanks

Fuse, relay, blower motor. Hard to say without proper diagnosis. Probably not a headgasket issue, since it's not an actual temp problem but no air at all blowing.

So it shouldn't be TOO much of a bitch to do?

Also.. I just thought about this, it might have something to do with it but....

When I was looking at the car the first time the air worked perfect, but the turbo needed swapped. Then, when he did, and I drove it again, the air didnt work. After that I looked and there was an electric line that was cut, that the audi forum guys said goes to the air. When that line got cut is it possible that it blew the resistor? I clamped the wire and everything, but nothing changed.

Guest Removed
So it shouldn't be TOO much of a bitch to do?

Also.. I just thought about this, it might have something to do with it but....

When I was looking at the car the first time the air worked perfect, but the turbo needed swapped. Then, when he did, and I drove it again, the air didnt work. After that I looked and there was an electric line that was cut, that the audi forum guys said goes to the air. When that line got cut is it possible that it blew the resistor? I clamped the wire and everything, but nothing changed.

sure you didnt blow the fuse under the hood? some fuses are hard to tell if they are blown on the side, where you really cant see it.

and it only pays a hour to change the resistor, so it not all bad...

may want to make sure your getting power to it, like i have already suggested. just because you put the wire back together, doesnt mean your getting a good connection.;)

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/TheMackOutlet/Audi%20a4/IMG_0151.jpg?t=1256689714

This was the line when i got the car..

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/TheMackOutlet/Audi%20a4/IMG_0157.jpg?t=1256689667

Then I just used one of the wire clamps from autozone.

But i checked the fuses and none of the ones that had relevance to the air (per the owners manual) seemed blown... i'll check again though. also, Is there an easy way to test to see if the resistor is blown?