Best console for rock band/guitar hero?

Slimpsy1647545505

I'm wanting to get a guitar hero/rock band setup for get togethers and wanted to know which platform would have the most people playing online? I know PS3 used to not have many at all playing, but now with the consoles being the same price and a lot of PS3 exclusives this year, which console has a better online gaming experience?

I have both consoles, so it's a hard choice of which to get the setup for.

Anyone ? Anyone ?

I have recently looked into this a bit. In my opinion, forget rock band. The song selection just is weak. I play GH often at a friends house and it awesome when we get people together. 360 is where it's at. I just can't see entertaining other systems given the current awesomeness and the new technology coming for update in 2010.

I've been rocking parties with Rock Band 2 on my PS3 for over a year now. In all honesty, the online play doesn't matter if you have a full band at a party. All you end up doing is picking songs off your current list. That being said, download a good variety of additional songs to make everyone happy. I feel like Guitar Hero is too limiting when it comes to that variety. I have everything from country (Toby Keith) to Emo/Alternative (All American Rejects) along with all your classic rock and hair bands.

Yeah, I have guitar hero 5 for 360 . . and never can seem to find a full band online. I've been leaning towards getting Rock Band 2. The thing is, even when I have friends over, not everyone wants to play but a lot of people like to watch. So if a friend and I is playing drums and guitar. . we like to jump online and find a full band to play with.

Probably referring to project Natal. Google it.

Correct.

And by song selection being weak; I looked through the download list and couldn't find anything I liked. I looked on the dick and was disappointed. Where as with GH, I have found several that I liked. It's preference.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67184&highlight=project+Natal

And this

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67135&highlight=project+Natal

Edited by Mojoe
Links

Correct.

And by song selection being weak; I looked through the download list and couldn't find anything I liked. I looked on the dick and was disappointed. Where as with GH, I have found several that I liked. It's preference.

Not tryin to argue here, but iron maiden, metallica, slayer, avenged sevenfold etc. arn't good bands? k maybe not avenged sevenfold so much but there songs are fun as hell to play.

Not tryin to argue here, but iron maiden, metallica, slayer, avenged sevenfold etc. arn't good bands? k maybe not avenged sevenfold so much but there songs are fun as hell to play.

No argument needed. It's preference of music that people like to play.

Ended up getting Rock Band 2 for the 360. The price of the game went down today to 19.99 and I couldn't pass that up. Plus I already had a guitar and drum set for it from buying the original rock band when it released.

Good times! Love the song selection, and there's no trouble finding a full band online.