Worked 98 hours this week.

Buck531

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. From a moral standpoint I don't think it's right for a company to treat their employees like shit just because they happen to be able to in the here and now given the circumstances. From a business standpoint it's not a good idea to piss those people off because their quality of work is going to go down right now. When the jobs come back and when companies start hiring again, those employees you treated poorly are going to jump ship quicker than you can blink an eye. All for a little company gain right now.

Remind me to never work as your subordinate in the future. :p

I took a pay cut at the beginning of the year which is still partially in tact, everyone did (top down). I was pissed at the time, but at this point I fully agree with it.

I don't agree with the mentality. His employer is operating within the law and their mentality is as you stated before. If everyone decided to quit, they would change their mentality. i am dealing with the same thing with my current employer and I think people in my position should form a union and demand better conditions. Right now I have to work every day. I do not get a day off, ever.

If employees bow down to company strongarm tactics, we have no hope of continuing with a comfortable work environment.

How do people even get off working that many hours? Any job I worked at didn't like to give overtime if they didn't have to. Only when people called off would you get a chance to get overtime.

i dont belive hes gettin payed overtime for this... as he is salary an im sure hes been aware of this big project comin gup an was aware of the hours hed have ti put in... sucks he has to work that many hours but atleast he has a job at the end of the day

You people are impossible. I said its just FTL. I KNEW i'd be putting in this many hours. (it's happened 3 times this year so far).

I'm not bitching, I'm not quitting, I'm not complaining about not getting OT. Just making a fucking statement.

I'm employed, working full time, and I make a decent amount of money for what I do.

Some of you people make my LOL pretty hard in this thread.... especially the young ones.

My personal record: 128 hours in one week, 212 hours in the two week pay period. I was salary, working two jobs simultaneously, and received no bonus.

I have worked 25 Memorial Tournaments, EACH OVER 95 hours for the week. 20 of them I was between $10 and $16.50 hourly (normally), and RAPED overtime at time and a half. The last 5 have been salary.

I make some of this up in January, February, and March where I still draw full salary, yet work less than 25 hours a week.

My personal record: 128 hours in one week, 212 hours in the two week pay period. I was salary, working two jobs simultaneously, and received no bonus.

I have worked 25 Memorial Tournaments, EACH OVER 95 hours for the week. 20 of them I was between $10 and $16.50 hourly (normally), and RAPED overtime at time and a half. The last 5 have been salary.

I make some of this up in January, February, and March where I still draw full salary, yet work less than 25 hours a week.

Yeah I think the max I hit was sometime last year. Around 120 hours. 7 am to 2 am pretty much every day. m-f and probably 6 hours on Saturday. :)