Getting GM parts

HAOLE

During my trip to Baltimore I accidentally tossed my cup holder insert into a trash can in Morgan Town Wv.

Fast forward to today. I walk into the local Cheby dealer to order a new cup holder.

The parts guy looks up the part number and tells me he will not be able to get the part for a couple of months because GM did not pay the bills due to the Bankruptcy.

According to him they are having a very hard time getting many parts for cars right now. They have a 3500 truck in the shop waiting on a turbo for two months, an SSR waiting for a door skin for two years.

GM better get the parts rolling before people stop buying the cars again.

Edited by HAOLE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try getting a 2009 GMPP catalog! I went to three dealerships...nada. I then tried ordering one online and finally gave up after web-site technical difficulties. All I want to do is give them some of my hard earned money. Oh and the free PDF download version is incomplete.

CTS-V lifters come to mind but other than that I can't think of anything that has been overly difficult to get. I have been getting C6Z MAF's like every other day lately so I know there are plenty of those in stock :)

Jeff

Can you get me a cup holder?

Guest Removed

maybe its just the dealership you went to is broke?

i havent had any issue's getting gm parts. from a dealer anyway...now that adw is going out, i havent even tired to call them.

i haven't had any problems either. i can tell you that the EBCM and Active Handling button i had ordered for a customer today is on back order, maybe its a C5 thing. if i remember i'll check to see about the cup holder, mine is missing too.

maybe its just the dealership you went to is broke?

i havent had any issue's getting gm parts. from a dealer anyway...now that adw is going out, i havent even tired to call them.

They did a nationwide dealer stock check and no one had the cup holder.

Guest Removed
They did a nationwide dealer stock check and no one had the cup holder.

no one will..they have to order it in from the supplier that makes it(gm doesnt make all there parts) and it could make sense if gm isnt paying the bills, then they cant get parts.

Guest Removed
Trust me, getting GM parts is horriable right now. We have all kinds of cars down because of parts. There's a million phone calls to get parts sometimes. Trim pieces are by far the biggest PITA.

see this is why im glad i buy engine and electrical parts more then anything...

you can't seem to get any thing plastic from gm tho..lol

heck, half the plastic stuff comes in broken anyway. another problem we've been having is other dealers sending us the incorrect parts. Getting them to fess up is another story. It took 2 weeks and 4 orders to get the right trans cooler hose, and I'm still waiting (5 weeks) for a headlight nozzle for a body shop car.

Guest Removed
best place to find gm parts is probably a junkyard right now

sure...try going to the junk yard and finding a cup holder for a corvette..:lol:

or any thing for a 07-up chevy

Guest Removed
Its much easier to just pick up the phone and make a call tons of used parts around

true, but to get the cup holder, more then likely they want you to buy the whole inside of the car :rolleyes:

i should just start buyying wrecked gm's and parting them out..lol