Welp, best friend is in rehab

El Karacho1647545492

My buddy was lucky that his parents love him and that he's gonna get help overcoming his demons, but a lot of people aren't as fortunate.

What's important is that if you think someone is hurting themselves with drugs, never EVER hesitate to call them out on it and inform everyone who loves them about it. I have no regrets about my actions, I only regret that I tried to help him on my own and not getting his parents involved.

Almost had a situation like that happen to one of my friends, luckily he cleaned himself up without needing to go to rehab but it's still not fun to watch people you care about screw themselves up. Glad your friend finally realized it's not worth it in the long run.

Glad to hear that he's turning it around. I've seen my fair share of teenagers succumb to illicit substances...always a sad occurrence.

After personally knowing people who were seriously addicted to heroin, I have a whole new understanding for how tough it is to kick the habit. The people who say "why don't they just quit, it can't be that tough" really don't know how bad that stuff can get a hold on your life.

I work in corrections for drug and alcohol abuse, and had issues I will not disclose in the past. I don't give a fuck who you are, if your friend is not ready himself to stop using then hes not doing it for the right reasons. Just because he might go into rehab to make others happy , it will not help him....

I work in corrections for drug and alcohol abuse, and had issues I will not disclose in the past. I don't give a fuck who you are, if your friend is not ready himself to stop using then hes not doing it for the right reasons. Just because he might go into rehab to make others happy , it will not help him....

Yeah my uncle's friend does the same thing. I called him up for advice in the early stages of this disaster and he basically told me the same exact thing; that it doesn't matter what we do, he's got to want to exact the change in his life.

Fortunately, his parents and family have gone through this before. His twin brother was doing the exact same thing 6 months ago. What's weird is my friend LOATHES his brother and hates how he treated his family when he was going through withdrawal/rehab, so I can only hope he takes that into consideration when trying to find his solution.

hope it works out. been trying to get my sister to rehab for awhile now. addicted to percs and was doing meth over the summer. shes just not willing. its a shame. she used to be a beautiful girl. now weighs less then 100 lbs and looks like deather. very sad to see her and what it is doing to me mom.

hope it works out. been trying to get my sister to rehab for awhile now. addicted to percs and was doing meth over the summer. shes just not willing. its a shame. she used to be a beautiful girl. now weighs less then 100 lbs and looks like deather. very sad to see her and what it is doing to me mom.

my friend started with percs. turned into oxycontin. turned into heroin.

i hope she gets help man. whether or not she wants to hear it, my best advice would be to constantly remind her she needs help. its not worth having a sister who only likes you when you're not trying to help her.

After personally knowing people who were seriously addicted to heroin' date=' I have a whole new understanding for how tough it is to kick the habit. The people who say "why don't they just quit, it can't be that tough" really don't know how bad that stuff can get a hold on your life.[/quote']

Those people are narrow-minded buffoons who should have their speaking privileges confiscated.

my friend started with percs. turned into oxycontin. turned into heroin.

i hope she gets help man. whether or not she wants to hear it, my best advice would be to constantly remind her she needs help. its not worth having a sister who only likes you when you're not trying to help her.

Its very common for opiate use to start with pills. Herion is fucking hard drug to kick even for people that want to quit. Is he on any med's with treatment like soboxone? Either way good luck

Its very common for opiate use to start with pills. Herion is fucking hard drug to kick even for people that want to quit. Is he on any med's with treatment like soboxone? Either way good luck

Yeah actually I forgot to mention he also used to get fucked up on methadone when he was at Butler in Indy. His oxy supply there dried up so he made weekly trips to Kokomo to get methadone. I dunno if suboxone is any better for treating addicts but I hope its not like methadone for his sake.

The program he's in is a 12-step deal, which I think could be bad because this kid has wholeheartedly rejected any kind of supernatural authority due to attending catholic high school. He's definitely going to come to some realizations but yeah, we'll see where that gets him.

Soboxone is much better then methadone , but it can become habit forming over time. Any person that abuses anything from heroin to food has a disorder so its much easy for them to become addicted to something. The best bet is to use the soboxone to get over the withdraw symptoms (2-3 weeks) after that ween off the meds then start a 12 step or some other form of treatment. The best thing is a good support from family, and wanting to quit for himself.

Soboxone is much better then methadone , but it can become habit forming over time. Any person that abuses anything from heroin to food has a disorder so its much easy for them to become addicted to something. The best bet is to use the soboxone to get over the withdraw symptoms (2-3 weeks) after that ween off the meds then start a 12 step or some other form of treatment. The best thing is a good support from family, and wanting to quit for himself.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing the program he's in is probably a non-medical detox, as it they just go cold turkey. Which I think is good for my buddy, because he's kicked his addictions before (although I personally believe that once an addict always an addict) he just reforms his bad habits. As stubborn as he is, he's also had great success in just dropping drugs because he wants to. its really bizarre. This treatment is more to help him stay off drugs permanently than it is to teach him how to get off them in the first place.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing the program he's in is probably a non-medical detox, as it they just go cold turkey. Which I think is good for my buddy, because he's kicked his addictions before (although I personally believe that once an addict always an addict) he just reforms his bad habits. As stubborn as he is, he's also had great success in just dropping drugs because he wants to. its really bizarre. This treatment is more to help him stay off drugs permanently than it is to teach him how to get off them in the first place.

Hopefully that means he wasn't a hardcore user, because I'm pretty sure if you are a real heavy user that sometimes going cold turkey is dangerous for the body. Some people need to use things like suboxone to take the edge off both mentally and physically until their body can learn to operate without opiates.

Seems their is some good info in here, and at least knowledgeable people.

A kid I know ( really a kid I know, not me ) apparently messes with "opana"; is it something worthy of being concerned over?

I think Opana is the brand name for oxymorphone, so it has some similarities to morphine. I guess it would depend on how often he uses it and how much he uses, might not be something to be concerned about if it's a rare thing but some people have a lot tougher time not becoming addicted to things.

Its so crazy how addicting any type of opiate can be, usually after a few weeks the mind and body become physically addicted. The user always needs more to get the "high" and then after it becomes bad they need to just to do normal things. Usually opiate use go hand in hand with stealing or always trying to sell stuff. Most the time it gets so bad they do not have time for work or play they are just always trying to get high, they end up unemployed and stealing or robbing to get there fix. The average ohio opiate user uses 300$ a day, if they do not they start to withdraw around 5-8 hours of last use. First nose and eye's start to water up and run, they become assholes, there body becomes stiff and very painful, joints hurt real bad, throwing up, shitting there pants, no motivation, all types of shit. If they try to kick the habit it can go on for weeks. Any person that has a drug addiction knows they will never be over it, they live by day to day staying sober, he is an addict for life there is no doubt or other way around that. out of the 1200 people we have our population is 90% opiate abusers now.

Its so crazy how addicting any type of opiate can be, usually after a few weeks the mind and body become physically addicted. The user always needs more to get the "high" and then after it becomes bad they need to just to do normal things. Usually opiate use go hand in hand with stealing or always trying to sell stuff. Most the time it gets so bad they do not have time for work or play they are just always trying to get high, they end up unemployed and stealing or robbing to get there fix. The average ohio opiate user uses 300$ a day, if they do not they start to withdraw around 5-8 hours of last use. First nose and eye's start to water up and run, they become assholes, there body becomes stiff and very painful, joints hurt real bad, throwing up, shitting there pants, no motivation, all types of shit. If they try to kick the habit it can go on for weeks. Any person that has a drug addiction knows they will never be over it, they live by day to day staying sober, he is an addict for life there is no doubt or other way around that. out of the 1200 people we have our population is 90% opiate abusers now.

I wonder if that has to do with how easy this stuff is to get, especially in a campus area or any younger area. Not to mention the doctors who will prescribe you oxycontin for even minor pain.