Bye Bye red light cameras...thank god!!

DaddyBuiltRacing

For those that don't know what I am talking about Heath installed these bastards in June and made a couple million off them in that short time span. People started to petition them and got it on the ballot. Well last night they won and the cameras are on their way out. Many local business owners were complaining that their sales were down because no one was driving through Heath. I can see their cause for concern, I know I avoided Heath even though I am 30seconds away from it, I would drive across town to go shopping.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20091104/NEWS03/911040306&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

I figured it up and last month the cameras gave a ticket every .12 seconds, talk about picture happy.

They were officially turned off at Midnight. Their next grand idea is to put a divider down 79. Thats what the cameras were supposedly put in to fund. Heath sure has some dumbass ideas, but great ways to kill local business. They are going to allow U-Turns from what I am told, funny seeing how U-Turns are illegal in this state. Ah I love my local community haha

Yes the cameras are gone all together!! Now I guess the local cops will actually have to do work instead of sitting behind best buy on their lap tops circle jerking. There was a bunch of us out a few weeks ago and the damn cameras were flashing anything and everything in site. They were flawed, the city knew it but didn't want to do anything about it. For instance Bikes were flashed no matter what due to wheel base, the cameras were litterally dumb and thought they were speeding.

Red light cameras are a bad idea from a big brother stand point, but running red lights is also about as dumb as you can get. They should install paint ball guns loaded with neon green paint balls mounted to a targeting system. If you run a red light you get light up with paint balls. Maybe even a Gatling style gun.

http://www.alternativepaintball.com/images/hellhound.jpg

Haha it gets better. The Heath Mayor is being criticized because he was caught removing signs

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20091104/NEWS01/911040305?GID=096Cq9+sN8sfh2pqaBsqjEHR+w9QetAMppNMmMzjzyg%3D

Sure sounds like a buddy trying to cover another buddies ass to me

Of course not. Then there is some problem with the system. Either in the design or installation.

Thats what most people were bitching about was the flaws in the systems, but Heath didn't want to hear it. I would say 1-3% of all tickets challenged were over turned. To put that in perspective last month was a "down" month and they still handed out 534k tickets!!

They are redlight/speed cameras and people were getting shafted by them. The law states that the ticket must be issued by an officer, not a damn camera for starters. That was one of the main things those opposed to them were bitching about. I never got a ticket from them so really it didn't bother me that much that they were installed. I just thought it was quite a scam

...They are going to allow U-Turns from what I am told, funny seeing how U-Turns are illegal in this state. ...

U-Turns are allowed / not allowed city to city. Columbus is a no u-turn allowed city. 161 and Strawberry Farms has a lane and a light for u-turns installed because you can't merge from the 270sb to 161wb exit to the left turn lane. You go past the enterance and do a u-turn at the light. :)

U-Turns are allowed / not allowed city to city. Columbus is a no u-turn allowed city. 161 and Strawberry Farms has a lane and a light for u-turns installed because you can't merge from the 270sb to 161wb exit to the left turn lane. You go past the enterance and do a u-turn at the light. :)

Thanks for clearing that up lol.

I was very happy to hear this as well. I grew up in Newark/Heath and still have a lot of family over there and find myself in the area a lot. Happy to see them gone.

Oh and they have been talking about putting the divider down 79 since I was a kid. It will never happen. But it would prevent a lot of accidents that happen because of dumb asses turning in front of other people.

I was very happy to hear this as well. I grew up in Newark/Heath and still have a lot of family over there and find myself in the area a lot. Happy to see them gone.

Oh and they have been talking about putting the divider down 79 since I was a kid. It will never happen. But it would prevent a lot of accidents that happen because of dumb asses turning in front of other people.

Apparently there used to be a divider way back when according to some old guys I have talked to. Its supposedly going to go from Ruby Tuesday to Tim Hortons...