$99 8gig 3GS to replace the $99 3G in December?

Rally Pat

I was going to the AT&T store at Tuttle yesterday, looking into upgrading my phone to a 3GS. Well, I'm not eligible for a "Full upgrade" for another month, but he told me that the 3G is going to get phased out in favor of a 3GS of the same size "in time for the holidays". Pretty excited, I wanted to get a 3GS to run some of the more demanding homebrew stuff, like psx4iphone, and to make some of my navigation apps more accurate with the compass (especially the official Geocaching.com app).

+1 on loving the virtual keyboard. I really only like it because Apple's auto correct is so damn good that I can type some crap and it corrects it very accurately.

I'm assuming you're a early 3G buyer? I am eligable in December also, and plan on getting the 3GS. Getting black this time, because my white one looks like crap and is fairly yellowed by now.

+1 on loving the virtual keyboard. I really only like it because Apple's auto correct is so damn good that I can type some crap and it corrects it very accurately.

I'm assuming you're a early 3G buyer? I am eligable in December also, and plan on getting the 3GS. Getting black this time, because my white one looks like crap and is fairly yellowed by now.

Yep, bought it on launch day, but had to wait a week to actually get it because they ran out.

The keyboard is awesome! Once you get used to it and it adapts to the way you talk, you can fly on it. Before I owned it, but just messed around with it, it seemed hard to get used to, but it's great! Never want a physical keyboard again. Palm Pre and Droid needs a virt board.

The keyboard is awesome! Once you get used to it and it adapts to the way you talk, you can fly on it. Before I owned it, but just messed around with it, it seemed hard to get used to, but it's great! Never want a physical keyboard again. Palm Pre and Droid needs a virt board.

It warms my heart to see this from you.

The only reason i see for people to want a real keyboard is for texting while driving, because you can type from memory, but you shouldnt be doing thAt anyways so i dont see the big deal either

I do love the one handed ability of my 8800 with it's trackball.