GMC ENVOY...opinions?

93toNV

The wife and I went and looked at an 05 GMC Envoy today and were pretty impressed with it. I was just curious if there is anything to look for as far as problems and just what your general opinions are of them. A little info, its an 05 with 67000 on it and they want $12995. Is that too high? Thanks for the input!

Envoy- Check for maintenance records, otherwise the ones we have seen at the shop have been solid. We don't see a lot of them, but the ones we do see are very well maintained and don't seem to have many issues.

Trailblazer- I have replaced a number of front axle shafts on these due to the boots being torn apart, keep up on the maintenance on these as well, we see plenty of these and these are also really reliable trucks. We have also replaced a number of coil packs on these, check engine will/should result when they fail.

My mom has an 02 Trailblazer with about 90k on it. Bought it new in late 2001. Great truck, no issues. It is in need of some suspension work, it is a bit noisy in the front.

Very reliable, and a solid overall truck. Make sure you drop the spare tire once or twice a year or it will seize up and require replacement.

Only issues were an o2 sensor, and the spare tire drop mechanism in 7 years.

i have the V8 denali version.. love it... only thing i really have any problems with are the plastic parts... but they have been replaced.. other then that just under 50K and the only thing besides routine, was a radiator with got a leak during the snow last year, which was my fault..

Oh.. forgot about the plastic parts. Had to fix the inner door on the passenger side (just needed some of those white fastener peices). Also had to replace the center console.. got loose and started shaking. Both minor cosmetic things that I fixed myself. Other than the cheap gm plastic they are great.

they are very solid, i have had my 04 SLE for a year and half now and put 20k on it, with no real issues. i paid 10k out the door for mine with 57k. .

the only issues i have had are a gas cap needed replaced, some gauge leds went out, and some warranty related surface rust on the inside bottom of the doors, and rock chipping on the outside bottom of the doors and rocker moldings ( if it has running boards should not have to worry about rock chipping).

Before i bought mine i read a million reviews and the all seemed to be good except for wind noise, but i have noticed it got more quite since i took the roof rack off.

Oh.. forgot about the plastic parts. Had to fix the inner door on the passenger side (just needed some of those white fastener peices). Also had to replace the center console.. got loose and started shaking. Both minor cosmetic things that I fixed myself. Other than the cheap gm plastic they are great.

This.

I love my '05. I almost bought another one instead of the Merc. The price seems high though. I got mine for only a little more with less than half the miles.

The wife had a 02' had a couple issues with it, coil packs mostly, bought a new 07, she seems to like it, I like that it has been issue free.

I think they are a preety solid truck, I would negotiate the price down a bit. But if it's what you want, and you can swing the $$$, by all means, buy it.