compulsive liars?

pontiacfreak142

im just curious as to what you guys think on this. me and a buddy of mine work with this kid that is the worst compulsive liar i have ever met. What were trying to figure out is, are people like that really that stupid that they themselves believe what they say, or do they think were the dumb ones and were gonna believe what they say?

Basically this kid has gone through 3 cars in the last month and half, all of them rusted/riced out piles of shit (2 civics and now a non turbo talon). The kid knows me and my buddy are big into cars, but yet hes tried to lie to us about all 3 of these cars. The first civic he supposedly bought from a buddy and it had full exaust and nitrous. the day he got it he came in to get gas (we work at a kroger fuel center), my buddy asked how big of a shot it had, he didnt know, and some how the trunk was mysteriously broken. Then the next day he tells me he had gauges installed for the nitrous, so i went and checked, nothing. Later that day he tells me he has a V6 out of an accord he wants to put in it. I recommended turboing the car instead. He said it was to hard to do, and he didnt know how, but if i wanted to help him, he would get the stuff to do it. The very next day, he tells me he already has the turbo on it lol.

well a couple weeks later he shows up with a mid 90's hatch the is supposedly twin turboed with a front mount intercooler. When he wasnt around i checked the car out and there were no turbos or intercooler lol. Now he has the talon. We got to talkin about racing and proceeds to tell me he raced a 'packing s10' as he called it just because it had a hood on it lol. he said they went to 150 on 71 in the middle of rush hour, and that they stayed side by side because his car now has a turbo on it. The funny thing about it to is, he was telling me how he beat his buddies 92 camaro rs. I told him those just had a weak 2.8 v6 in it and he acted proud as hell about it lmao.

Edited by pontiacfreak142

the thing about compulsive liars is they NEVER back down. like that whole ep of South Park where Cartman convinces himself that he wrote the Gayfish joke. That's pretty much what they do. They just believe their own lies so much because they have a compulsive need to be superior to everyone else that it becomes their reality, albeit a skewed and empty one.

I hate liars. I will do everything I can to make sure liars get their come uppance. Having never lied myself makes me all the more qualified to judge.

Though do you think he could help me with a project I have coming up. A single day turbo fab-up is pretty impressive !

I fucking lol'd. I was expecting a thoughtful write-up on habitual liars. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

yea sorry about the wall, i did it from my phone and i fucks up some times, ill fix it asap. Cliffs are basically, kid knows i know my shit about cars, but lies constantly about his cars and expects me and everyone else to believe it. tires to lie to make him self sound better

Here's what I've learned about compulsive lairs after living with one.

They say guys compensate for a small dick with a sports car, right? "They say", being the key part.

Here's my point. If you are constantly in a lie, than you have to cover at all times. Your core group of friends will always chance because after a while they tire of your bullshit. Then the liar will move on to be accepted by who ever will fall for their pretend enthusiasm toward things in common and the "new" close friendship. "We should so hang out more". Then comes the story telling for acceptance while they try to gain position in the "friendship". Eventually they will talk shit about the "friend" and then move on the burning them, or if that friend tires of the bullshit and says fuck off, then the liar will claim they were betrayed by the "friend" and talk more shit about them.

It's not your/our job to fix a compulsive liar. Sometimes you have to be silently blunt to get your point across. Think of all the TIME wasted entertaining/validating the BS. I'm not wasting anymore time. They talk, I walk off. Nothing they say can be trusted, THEY ARE WASTING MY TIME BEING NEAR ME and I'm not going to sift through their bullshit looking for a fleck of truth. See it for what it is and move on.

In the off chance, they my actually see what you do and it might give them a reason to change.

My .02.

He just sounds stupid like he wants to fit in but he doesn't know how. Call him on his BS and tell him to stop lying about shit. There's no shame in learining and it's not like most people start off with an 11, 10 second car.

my first car ran a 8.90@ 194:p

He just sounds stupid like he wants to fit in but he doesn't know how. Call him on his BS and tell him to stop lying about shit. There's no shame in learining and it's not like most people start off with an 11, 10 second car.

A wise man, quoted for truth.

And because he paid me to.

i can tell you people with v6 camaro's and firebird's think they are fast because of the name on the car, I don't know how many times people with v6 camaro's sit next to me at a light when I'm in my ss and they'll rev their shit at me and leave the light like its a race, then when i get to the next light they'll scream profanity at me telling me my shits weak I got nothing, all I do is laugh and move on.

I was in circleville one night and there was a kid down there that had a 93 v6 camaro with ss badges on it, he was telling me it was quick and it could beat my modded 6.0L ss with no problems because the 93 ss camaro's were the fastest ones, all I said was they didn't make an ss in 93 they came out in 96, then he proceded to bash me and tell me I didn't know shit about cars, I said well lets race then, you beat me and I'll give you my car and I'll walk home, he backed out and said it wasn't worth his time and gas to race me my car was shit and he didn't want it, my friends and I laughed while he drove away like an idiot

Edited by SinisterSS

The funny thing about it to is, he was telling me how he beat his buddies 92 camaro rs. I told him those just had a weak 2.8 v6 in it and he acted proud as hell about it lmao.

Actually it was a 3.1 that year, or the optional 5.0, but close enough lol. Slow as hell regardless.

It's funny, I briefly worked with a kid like that at my old job. He told me about his fictional Silverado 2500HD Duramax, and the Roush Mustang with a supercharger and nitrous that he was buying from his cousin, and so on. Every week it was something different