Apartments on the north side of town good/bad

BlackBoosted2

Anyone have experiences on apartments in the Dublin through Polaris side of town? I am looking for something with a garage (doesn't have to be attached), and a nice quality place. What are you thoughts and opinions? I don't want to move into something trashy, and I don't want to pay $1000mo for a 500sq/ft place either.

Please offer up some ideas! I will be a noob once again to Columbus in a few weeks!

Some friends of mine just moved into a town house right south of Chase in Polaris - nice place! Attached garage, two bedroom, two bath, etc. I think $9XX/mos, 1500 sq/ft abouts. If you're interested I can get you more info.

There are quite a few in that area that are all about the same just different prices. I lived in Fieldstone Trace Apts. I think I was paying about $750 per month before I moved out in May of 08. Pretty good apartments, untill you move out. Then they can be a bit of a pain.

Me and Ben (Casper) lived in The Orchard and loved it. Really nice places. http://www.livetheorchard.com/ Was something like $1050/mth for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath place with attached garage. The people there were awesome too. Only reason I moved out of there was I couldn't afford a place there on my own.

Just remembered another perk. The Orchard has a huge room with bar and pool table and theater room (separate rooms), that you can reserve for free for parties, games, movie nights etc. My sister used to live at Central Park and they had a 'room' with windows all over it and a wet bar in the middle of a courtyard you could reserve, for free also. If you live at any of their places you can reserve any place at any of their apartments also (i.e. if you live at The Farms you can reserve the party room at the Orchard). Most places that are nice enough to have rooms like that charge you for them (I've seen anywhere from $75-$150/night).

Edited by Trouble Maker

Stay away from Kenyon Square. My friends just moved out of that dump. They look good on paper, but the hot water and water pressure is a joke, the walls are thin, and for $1000 a month you can get a MUCH better place.

I am about to move into a 1700sqft townhome in Powell (nicer than Dublin, IMHO) with an attached garage for 825 a month. Deals can be had you just need to look around.

-Marc

I am about to move into a 1700sqft townhome in Powell (nicer than Dublin, IMHO) with an attached garage for 825 a month. Deals can be had you just need to look around.

-Marc

Powell works, I am willing to find something from anywhere around Dublin to Polaris area ...and in between. Your deal sounds like a good one

I arrive in town tomorrow and plan on looking through the Dispatch to see about private small homes/condos for rent. I would consider a roomate, but I don't know anyone in the area other than family.

Stay away from Kenyon Square. My friends just moved out of that dump. They look good on paper, but the hot water and water pressure is a joke, the walls are thin, and for $1000 a month you can get a MUCH better place.

-Marc

They certainly push the sex appeal with their website... using stock iphoto pics. BUSTED.

I arrive in town tomorrow and plan on looking through the Dispatch to see about private small homes/condos for rent. I would consider a roomate, but I don't know anyone in the area other than family.

We found a really good deal on our current plac on craigs list with a private owner. Search for a google mashup too, not sure if they have on or not.