I am about to get a new phone plan. Any suggestions for good phones??

sleepr

stay away from the iPhone... not because it's not a cool phone but because AT&T's coverage sucks...

if you want a sweet phone that can do MORE than the iPhone, look into the Verizon Droid... it's bigger than the iPhone, but by far is the best phone I've ever owned.(of course I've owned it for less than a week so I could be changing my tune in a month)

money isnt a factor i just want a good phone because i will be stuck with it for two years. i was thinking of getting an iphone but not sure. can anyone help me w my decision?

what do you do for a living? how will you be using your phone most? email, phone, applications, web?

personally, I don't like the iPhone. Horrible ergonomics if you're on the go a lot. I prefer the one hand keyboard and trackball of my blackberry. I also travel all over and don't find AT*T coverage poor at all. I think a lot of times dropped calls are more related to the phone than the service. I can't tell you the last time my BB dropped a call or had poor reception.

iPhone, hands down. Then Jailbreak it.

And my experience with AT&T has been nothing short of exceptional. Everyplace I couldn't get service with VZW, I have service with my iPhone.

I have an AT&T Bold for my work phone. I get service NOWHERE.... by far I have had nothing but horrible coverage. One of my wife's friends bought an iPhone yesterday, she gets a call last night asking if it's typical to never have service with the phone... so I'm not alone with complaints about AT&T's coverage.

I have an AT&T Bold for my work phone. I get service NOWHERE.... by far I have had nothing but horrible coverage.

If you're near me then it backs my belief that it's the phone. My BB 8000 has exceptional reception. I travel all over Cbus too. Zero issues. Never drops a call and reception is stellar.

I have an AT&T Bold for my work phone. I get service NOWHERE.... by far I have had nothing but horrible coverage. One of my wife's friends bought an iPhone yesterday, she gets a call last night asking if it's typical to never have service with the phone... so I'm not alone with complaints about AT&T's coverage.

LOL, you have a Blackberry. There's your Problem. I've got an 8830 for work. HATE IT!

droid was another consideration for me. and ur right it would prolly be a good idea to wait til Christmas. not sure if i can tho hmmm decisions decisions

I had a long conversation with a verizon guy just 2 days ago. He was one of the smarter ones I've talked too (he openly talked about the joys of hacking android phones for free tethering on verizon ;))

But he said that buying anything at this time of year is just a bad idea, due to sales that will come up, and all of the new phones that are usually released right before the holiday season.

stay away from the iPhone... not because it's not a cool phone but because AT&T's coverage sucks...

if you want a sweet phone that can do MORE than the iPhone, look into the Verizon Droid... it's bigger than the iPhone, but by far is the best phone I've ever owned.(of course I've owned it for less than a week so I could be changing my tune in a month)

just curious and not really trying to start shit but what "MORE" can a droid do over an iphone?

just curious and not really trying to start shit but what "MORE" can a droid do over an iphone?

The iphone is a better phone. The droids set backs are made up with the difference in service. For people that dont want to compromise service the droid is a perfect phone now... by Christmas it may be a different story...

What I love personally about the droid is the google navigational system. Today going out to a dealership on the east side I pressed the search button --> said "Bob Boyd address" --> the phone googled it and gave me the option for directions --> I pressed directions --> navigate ----> then it gave me turn by turn directions while letting me know how bad traffic was in the area. This all took 12 seconds (no bs).

Lol, alright. My 3gs does all that.

I think he forgot to add "With decent network speed and reliability"

What I love personally about the droid is the google navigational system. Today going out to a dealership on the east side I pressed the search button --> said "Bob Boyd address" --> the phone googled it and gave me the option for directions --> I pressed directions --> navigate ----> then it gave me turn by turn directions while letting me know how bad traffic was in the area. This all took 12 seconds (no bs)

Thats not exclusive to the droid anymore. They got that running on a G1 with some hacking.

I think he forgot to add "With decent network speed and reliability"

Thats not exclusive to the droid anymore. They got that running on a G1 with some hacking.

Good, its the shit.. everybody should have it! Anything that runs on one droid should run on the others. I was stuck with vz navigator before (which I hate) so this is a huge upgrade to me... and free.

LOL, you have a Blackberry. There's your Problem. I've got an 8830 for work. HATE IT!

I have an 8800 and I love it. I've neer had a problem with reception either and I travel a lot. I love being able to have send/recieve gmail straight from the phone. Most of the internet sites I view are formatted for BB's, so that's not an issue. I also prefer the keyboard and trackball compared to some of the touch screens I have played with.

You can download Google Maps for this phone and most others. This has by far been the most useful thing I have installed. I only wish it was faster (EDGE network).

I need a new phone in December though, so eeryone keep the reviews coming.

dude, it's open source... so what can't the phone do for you other than give you head... although I'm sure it will give you the address and phone number if you ask it of a "party house"

I have heard complaints about the Bold from different people, but as far as just it being a blackberry... I've had the bold, 9703,8800,8330, and now the bold... for a business device, you just can't beat a blackberry

and now I'm not near Dublin and the only times I'm in that area is when visiting my wife's work.... the service BLOWS everywhere. (one of the guys on my team has an 8330 with AT&T service as well and constantly complains about not getting service.)

Android Android Android

Like smokin5s said, its open source...so if you want 3 home screens...cool...7? ok. Want a different lock screen? OK Want it to be see-through? OK. You have linux in your pocket when you have an android phone. Shit you can even run Debian if you want.

iphone will do everything the droid does just requires it to be jailbroken, i have not had one dropped call yet and i go everywhere. I love the iphone havent had one issue with it yet and does everything that i need it to do.

lol at all the people saying iphone wont do this or that....sure it will just have to be smart enough to set it up correctly

What it boils down to is the iphone is a better device, the droid is a better phone. If you love your music and want more games get an iphone. If you at some point get tired of games and will need a data phone get a droid.

ATT even knows their data sucks. The "its still in its early stages of development" doesnt help the customers. Once its up and running it will be the best data network hands down... in 10 years. I hope people dont get it confused, ATT's network for phone calls is huge. Its the data network thats causing the issues. I read an article where they blame the drop calls on the iphones software saying other phones dont do that. Dont know if its true or just finger pointing, but either way I wouldnt trust it.