Was there any known issues with early c5s?

AWW$HEEET

Just that they are awesome, especially for the price you can get them for. :D

But I guess if you want actual information here you go:

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corvette-c5-common-problems-ex-14.html

http://www.corvettefever.com/howto/corp_0504_how_to_buy_a_corvette_c5/index.html

Mechanically there seem to be no huge issues.

A friend of mine owned a C5 50th anniversary that I rode in quite a bit and I was pleased with the majority of the cars interior the only complaint was the radio/ac buttons, they didn't break, just seemed cheap for a car of that price. Personally though, I'd make sure to get a manual tranny.

A friend of mine owned a C5 50th anniversary that I rode in quite a bit and I was pleased with the majority of the cars interior the only complaint was the radio/ac buttons, they didn't break, just seemed cheap for a car of that price. Personally though, I'd make sure to get a manual tranny.

Manual for sure. And if im buying this type of car, I dont really care about the radio.

:bangbang:

battery leaking on the wire harness under the battery tray = problem

piston slap = problem

other than that not really, GM did alot of redesign on the car before they even started making production cars. like the oil pan that was redesigned a few times because they kept blowing up engines on the skid pad. they wanted to get all the bugs worked out they could before they started selling them.

*random note, the LS1 started the design phase in spring of 91'