Tie front frame into the cage

Front skinnies

Race transmission with transbrake

Let wagner drive car next year

Roush Mustang

Might have to sell it.

Keep battery charged

Fixed :)

That cuda is one of my favorites and my dad really was impressed by it too. That sucks the rod did that :( I thought something was not right when the car stalled the way it did at the line.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
cobra--getting ready to trailer the car 1.5 hours away next week to get my fully built solid rear installed--this has been over a year in the works. then, i'll go with a big/little set-up and some weight loss as i shoot for 10's. seriously considering an automatic as well.

GTO---i keep going back and forth as to whether i want to do longtubes and a cam

'85 GT--5 lug wheel swap up front with new suspension, swap in my cobra's IRS into the rear

'87GT--seriously considering selling it. i don't need the money at all, the car is just not fun to drive. i'll either sell it this summer, or completely redo it. sad as hell, i've owned it for 12 years. clutch is way to heavy, suspension way too stiff, car is untuned, etc. i'll probably hang onto it, and just completely redo everything.

new car coming this summer

nice thing about the cobra ecu is, you can just add the wiring for the auto trans...they share the same ecu with the mach 1. so the drivers are there for a 4r70w :)

nice thing about the cobra ecu is, you can just add the wiring for the auto trans...they share the same ecu with the mach 1. so the drivers are there for a 4r70w :)

You need a Mach 1 EEC, the cobra EEC won't control it. A lot of guys use Bauman controllers and keep the stock EEC, but the stock EEC won't do it. We've tuned a handfull of 4r70w 03's over the years, they are a ton of fun.

My car is sitting all winter. I have it were I want it. I might do a built rear end and I need to put new lower intake gaskets on it.

You need a Mach 1 EEC, the cobra EEC won't control it. A lot of guys use Bauman controllers and keep the stock EEC, but the stock EEC won't do it. We've tuned a handfull of 4r70w 03's over the years, they are a ton of fun.

My car is sitting all winter. I have it were I want it. I might do a built rear end and I need to put new lower intake gaskets on it.

4R70W's are weak unless they are built.... I know... I went through 3 in the Marauder :(

KillJoy

4R70W's are weak unless they are built.... I know... I went through 3 in the Marauder :(

KillJoy

I've killed more than that. They have other issues at high HP as well while trying to use the lockup, I found a few of them. I went to a C4 and have never looked back. I was running one behind a Windsor (357, 393).

Guest Removed

thats the opposite of what i have been told :confused:

thats the opposite of what i have been told :confused:

You've been told wrong. :) Guys use the stock EEC with manual valve bodies and Bauman TCS's. The guys who have the EEC controling the transmission use a Mach 1 EEC.

This is the truth. You can use the piggyback or a mach computer like Lidio did IIRC.

good to know. if i go auto, it might be this spring, as summer comes just a bit later here. not interested in shifting the auto--i'd want the computer to control it. probably go with a fully built 4r70w--not too concerned about cost. i've spent more on my solid rear conversion (that i pieced together from scrap with all new ford parts) than i care to admit. brand new, welded housing, 33 splines, trutrac, MM lower control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, brand new exhaust, etc. etc.

good to know. if i go auto, it might be this spring, as summer comes just a bit later here. not interested in shifting the auto--i'd want the computer to control it. probably go with a fully built 4r70w--not too concerned about cost. i've spent more on my solid rear conversion (that i pieced together from scrap with all new ford parts) than i care to admit. brand new, welded housing, 33 splines, trutrac, MM lower control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, brand new exhaust, etc. etc.

If you go auto, and want it built, I can give you the contact of a guy in IN who is the TITS for the price ;)

As well as a place in TX for the TC :D

KillJoy

WRX:

Swap in V7 STI:

Clutch

6-Speed

Driveshaft

R180 Diff

Axles

Hubs

And 4/2 pot brakes from an 06/07 WRX with GroupN rear rotors

Then finish stripping the car including:

Radio

A/C

Door Cards

Carpet

Sound deadening (anyone know where to get bricks of Dry Ice?)

Emissions Crap

Front and Rear bumper beams

Front crash brace (maybe)

Rear door side impact beams (if removeable)

I hope to hit 2900lbs or less

Oh and get some new tires finally. :p

STI:

Nothing. Just keeping it out of the salt.

Corolla:

Nothing either. Just hoping it doesn't die on me.

just got one double hump ported for the blazer project. one more to go. then valve job. reinstall heads and install motor. fixed the front control arm bushings today too. once i get the blazer back together.

on to the s10 motor and more power. dart little m. thinking i might get some new pistons and go to a 4.125" bore size

would make a 374" motor instead of a 357 and help unshourd the valves on the afrs. more air flow.