Winter plans for your cars...

V8 Beast

This is the truth. You can use the piggyback or a mach computer like Lidio did IIRC.

Pretty sure Lidio uses the bauman. They do a decent job controlling the trans, I used one on my Lightning and I have one on my Dad's Lightning now. They have some downfalls, but work OK for the most part.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Lidio uses the bauman. They do a decent job controlling the trans, I used one on my Lightning and I have one on my Dad's Lightning now. They have some downfalls, but work OK for the most part.

I know there was a guy using the Mach computer, I should have remembered Lidio didn't. I talked to Lidio earlier this year about doing the swap in my car.

I know there was a guy using the Mach computer, I should have remembered Lidio didn't. I talked to Lidio earlier this year about doing the swap in my car.

We've tuned 2 or 3 of them with the Mach 1 computers. It works well.

Box in the frame, paint it.

Explorer IRS or solid 8.8 with 4 link.

New fuel and brake lines.

Fuel cell.

MS-II

Bigger turbo, header, exhaust.

Re-paint.

Redo interior.

New header panel, core support, front bumper, head lights, OR maybe an 04+ front end swap.

Some sort of brake upgrade for the front.

But honestly, this will take more than winter time to complete. But its down to bare frame now getting ready to be boxed.

Kirk,

If I recall we did an Xcal with your Car. If you decide to go auto let me know. I can take your current tune and set up for the auto once we have a ecm to work with.

cobra--getting ready to trailer the car 1.5 hours away next week to get my fully built solid rear installed--this has been over a year in the works. then, i'll go with a big/little set-up and some weight loss as i shoot for 10's. seriously considering an automatic as well.

GTO---i keep going back and forth as to whether i want to do longtubes and a cam

'85 GT--5 lug wheel swap up front with new suspension, swap in my cobra's IRS into the rear

'87GT--seriously considering selling it. i don't need the money at all, the car is just not fun to drive. i'll either sell it this summer, or completely redo it. sad as hell, i've owned it for 12 years. clutch is way to heavy, suspension way too stiff, car is untuned, etc. i'll probably hang onto it, and just completely redo everything.

new car coming this summer

RX7: Depending on where i get it stored or can work on it

First pull everything out and get the crispy old front harness out and rewrap and replace broken wires. Eliminate any wiring i do not need. Remove Key and go to Push button start and ignition switches.

Engine:

Paint engine bay!

New Single tower Coils

Redo the Engine harness with new one

twin 35r .82 t3

Redo Fuel system with AN lines front to back.

Redo Fuel Rails

Meth/Water injection

Interior

Lizzard Skin/Quiet Coat interior.

Cage

Body

Paint New bumper and sides. Picking up RE-A gt300 Hood Saturday

Suspension

Install Delrin rear bushings.

Coilovers of some sort

IRS rear end.