MW2kills the PS3!

RyM3rC

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a ton of reports of MW2 causing YLOD or Blu-ray failure on PS3s. Getting overheated and/or reading from the disc constantly is stressing the system and SONY is being slow to replace systems.

Who here is going to be the first to have one fail? I'm guessing cred05.

so is this the older ps3 systems or just the new slim ps3?

You kids are sniffing glue again. I guarantee iw didnt "design" the game to fail on any system.

Not intentionally, but they are obviously biased towards the xbox. Which is understandable because it is the most popular, its the easiest to create games for, and some will disagree with me, but like I said, you can only make a game as good as the weakest system, so you design it for xbox. 90% of multi-platform games are created this way, but usually there aren't as many problems.

But right from the start IW made statements that showed them playing favorites. Exclusive content for the xbox, a modern warfare edition xbox, commercials saying "modern warfare 2 runs the best on the xbox" and I'm sure I'm forgetting things.

I haven't personally had any major problems, so far I'm happy with it. Only problem I had was the invite system not working and not being able to get online for a few hours a day after launch. I'm just going off of other people's problems.

Here is some proof to what I was saying.

Dragon Age, a game made for PC and ported to the consoles. Looks the best on PC, then PS3, then xbox.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6239466/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;3

MW2, made on xbox and then ported to the other 2. Looks almost identical on the consoles but a bit better on xbox, and again the best on pc.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6240138/index.html?tag=topslot;thumb;5

When games are made exclusively for PS3 you can really see the difference, like MGS4 and Uncharted.

For me, gameplay is more important than graphics. Although I'm an owner of all 3 (ps3, 360, high end computer) I do buy the exclusive only titles for the ps3, most recently uncharted 2 which has beautiful graphics as well as solid gameplay. But when it comes to multi-platform releases I choose 360, mainly due to the online experience.

Lighting and texture is always better on a high end current PC, but with ps3 vs 360 I'm certainly not going to nitpick it. It's still fun to play, regardless of the minute differences in graphics between consoles.

If you're more about graphics than the overall experience, then just build a current gen PC. If you want a great gaming experience, get a 360.

/end rant