MW2kills the PS3!

RyM3rC

There have been a ton of reports of MW2 causing YLOD or Blu-ray failure on PS3s. Getting overheated and/or reading from the disc constantly is stressing the system and SONY is being slow to replace systems.

Who here is going to be the first to have one fail? I'm guessing cred05.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen it happen, but I guess the lights that are usually blue and green turn yellow and you get nothing but a screen that says some error occurred and you need to call customer service.

ahh so now the ps3 has issues liek teh rrod . tht really sucks hope they work it out.

And you're sure this wasn't an Xbox 360 that died? Is it opposite day?

Owned by sony. Don't worry my ps2 laser died many year ago. I miss playing it until I found a very good emulator for my PC. I bought a much better PC and most but not all of my games play fine on it. I bought a PS2 to USB converter and I put my PS2 game into my PC and play it fine.

Well, PC's are plagued by cheaters/hackers, more so than the PS3 community. F that.

Most of the blu-ray failures have been wearing out the drive, so it won't read discs at all. A few cases of overheated systems have happened, but they're mostly concentrated on the PS3 slim. Sony will fix it, but it's $150 and 3 weeks from most reports to get it done.

The PSN community is trying to get SONY or IW to make it loadable from the HD to save the Blu-ray drive, but I doubt anything will happen. Apparently there was a similar issue with World at War, with the data being spread out over the disc inefficiently causing drive failures. I have noticed mine reading constantly while gaming online, which I thought was very unusual.

Nothing but a bunch of haters.

Yeah, that's what you get for already having over 1 day of playtime! Jeez, the game hasn't even been out for a whole week yet! Safe to say 1/7th of cred05's time is spent on COD, which is about what, 3.5 hours a day? Haha, lol at you.

See you on later tonight;)

Its killing PCs too.

The game was built around the 360. It was just ported to other systems, and they did a half-assed job in doing so. In the PC version, half the error messages for connection problems say to check your xbox live connection. Some of the control dialogs refer to the 360 controller.

Its pitiful.

Infinity Ward needs to quick swinging on M$ sack. Bunch of noobz working over there it sounds like.

Seriously. God only knows why they are showing such favor for the xbox, EVERYONE knows it isn't as powerful nor does it have the capabilities of the PS3. It's becoming more apparent almost every day that they're engaged in some sort of BS conspiracy with MS, and god only knows where it will end. HD DVD is dead, get over it. I hope a class action suit is brought agains IW and they have to buy every single person with failure a new PS3. That will show them to subject us to faulty programming.

Seriously. God only knows why they are showing such favor for the xbox, EVERYONE knows it isn't as powerful nor does it have the capabilities of the PS3. It's becoming more apparent almost every day that they're engaged in some sort of BS conspiracy with MS, and god only knows where it will end. HD DVD is dead, get over it. I hope a class action suit is brought agains IW and they have to buy every single person with failure a new PS3. That will show them to subject us to faulty programming.

They can only make games as good as the weakest system...*cough*xbox*cough*

I don't know if the issues are the same as other platforms' issues. It's looking like IW specifically designed this game to fail on the PS3 and PC. That's amazing, because it has traditionally been the xbox that has issues running the more demanding games. It's mostly spuculation at this point, but the dots are becoming too aligned not to connect. Kinda like if dodge made you bring your neon in for service, and reflashed your ecu to make your car run lean/rich/lean/rich spastically. Kinda.