Epic PRIDE Highlight Video

wagner

Yeah it always looks fun until you're on the other end of one of those KO blows. I was boxing last night (yeah it’s not the same… yadda yadda) and got sloppy and was nailed with a right. I slipped his jad and caught him in the ribs but dropped my left hand. Then I was planning to come over the top and catch him with a right hook to the head but I was moving in at the same time his fist was coming at my head, then, BAM!!! My vision was all staticy for a second and I got real dizzy, it about knocked my ass out! :lol: I stepped back & thru my jab out about 5 times while I was shaking my head just to make sure I was okay. The sound of his fist hitting my head made the loudest bang I hand ever heard in a gym….All I heard was the guys watching yelling out "Damn". I finished the round and called it a night. But it’s good to get in there and get knocked around a bit, keeps things in perspective.

Yeah it always looks fun until you're on the other end of one of those KO blows. I was boxing last night (yeah it’s not the same… yadda yadda) and got sloppy and was nailed with a right at the same time I was swinging my head right towards him. My vision was all staticy for a second and I got real dizzy, it about knocked my ass out! :lol: I stepped back & thru my jab out while I was shaking my head just to make sure I was okay. The sound of his fist hitting my head made the loudest bang I hand ever heard in a gym…. But it’s good to get in there and get knocked around a bit, keeps things in perspective.

It is a risk I am more than willing to take. I have a very long way to go before I am anywhere near ready to step into a ring or cage. It is one thing to have an understanding, it is another to apply it.

It is a risk I am more than willing to take. I have a very long way to go before I am anywhere near ready to step into a ring or cage. It is one thing to have an understanding, it is another to apply it.

It's great though isn’t it!. Most people think fighting is just about being a crazy, angry person which I agree with a bit. I mean it takes a certain type of person who is willing to step in to any type of ring/ cage. But at the same time you have to be mentally strong. Lets face it, even the best fighters get hit, you've got to keep your mental toughness through a fight and that’s a workout in it’s self. But yeah, I like getting popped like that every now and again.

Hands down pride was so much more fun to watch, The UFC fights are so cookie cutter anymore. I love how pride would have crazy matches heavy weight vs light weight or fight until you win. I was so lucky to be able to watch a pride fight at the Tokyo dome back in 1999. Not only the fights was good, but there showman ship and entertainment was really so good also! You should see some of Genki sudo performances they are so funny. I really got goosebumps watching pridef fights live , when I seen UFC live it just reminded me of a fight at a bar. Everything about UFC is about money anymore it lacks the real passion for the sport. I felt Pride always had that they entertained the fan not the other way around. I agree there are good fighters in the UFC no doubt about that, but are they fighting in the UFC for the right reasons? Either way I will never buy another ufc fight , I will only watch it if its free on spike or something. GREAT VIDEO BTW!!