Dog Needs a Home

Guest Hal

I'm just posting this because I have a feeling this dog will be put down because of her deformities. I would take her if it weren't for my niece and nephew being around her.

It says she's a Shar-Pei mix and about 1 year old.

" It's terrible when people judge you based on your looks. My ear and my eye may not look so pretty, but inside I'm a sweet, playful girl. I don't trust every new dog I meet right away, but I can usually get along fine once I get to know them. My play style is rough and tumble, so I need a home with adults and/or older kids 16 and up."

http://www.franklincountydogs.com/dog_view.asp?id=15965

I'm just posting this because I have a feeling this dog will be put down because of her deformities. I would take her if it weren't for my niece and nephew being around her.

It says she's a Shar-Pei mix and about 1 year old.

" It's terrible when people judge you based on your looks. My ear and my eye may not look so pretty, but inside I'm a sweet, playful girl. I don't trust every new dog I meet right away, but I can usually get along fine once I get to know them. My play style is rough and tumble, so I need a home with adults and/or older kids 16 and up."

http://www.franklincountydogs.com/dog_view.asp?id=15965

FCD does not put dogs down once they hit adoption floors. If they stay at the shelter too long they get moved into foster homes for a while to rotate them out of cells and they just continue to advertise that they still have her avilable. If they have been cleared for adoption the dogs dont ever get put down. My fiance and I volunteer when we have a little free time.

Guest tbutera2112

shar-pei is going to be a hard dog to adopt out, even without deformities....

we went that route once, and just couldnt handle it...theyre not easy dogs....ended up taking the dog back to the shelter and they put it back up for adoption, we told them if it was going to be put down we would take it back, but they never called so im guessing someone took it

very tempermental, very territorial, and very wild if left unsupervised....it was tearing up everything while we werent home... even tried putting it into a metal cage, and it bit the metal door and actually pulled it inward until the hinge broke and the cage opened up

might have just been the one we had, im not claiming to be an expert or anything...but ive read this about them, and we owned one for a couple weeks

just like any other dog...its how you train them. those metal cages are crap and every dog i have ever owned has eaten them or torn them apart from the inside out. they need the plastic crates with the hinges outside with no edges they can grab ahold of. you can break almost all temperments with a little work.

FCD does not put dogs down once they hit adoption floors. If they stay at the shelter too long they get moved into foster homes for a while to rotate them out of cells and they just continue to advertise that they still have her avilable. If they have been cleared for adoption the dogs dont ever get put down. My fiance and I volunteer when we have a little free time.

Awesome to know, I thought they still put them down just like the other shelters.

Awesome to know, I thought they still put them down just like the other shelters.

No sir! if they did, my house would be a freakin zoo. We volunteer because we love dogs and I cant take them all home. Its cool because I can sign out a dog for a day and take them around or even take them home for a day or 2 as if they were mine.

No sir! if they did, my house would be a freakin zoo. We volunteer because we love dogs and I cant take them all home. Its cool because I can sign out a dog for a day and take them around or even take them home for a day or 2 as if they were mine.

That's really cool man. Props to you.