Credit Card rewards guys

mrblunt

I have a chase rewards mastercard and a chase leisure rewards debit card. I'm looking to get the absolute max out of this little game and i'm looking for suggestions. The mastercard gives me points for paying my bills (nearly everything I have from cable, electric, gas, trash....city water....ect) so I'm pretty much covered on that portion. What I can't pay is my car payments, mortgage, student loans and day care expenses. At over 3500 a month for all of these its a lot of potential points being pissed away. I dont believe there are any locations that allow you to purchase money orders via a credit transaction (the debit card doesn't earn points for debit transactions) and the credit card treats money orders/travelers checks as a cash advance with some crazy transaction fee (5%) and sky high apr (19 + prime or something crazy). If I could find somewhere that sold money orders or travelers checks as a credit transaction I could use the debit card as credit and be able to move money between accounts to maximize rewards. Anyone else do this? Have any suggestions?

just a heads up alot of people arent aware that chases leisure rewards debit card has a 25$ a year annuel fee for there card. you account is billed ruftly 30 days after your card is activated. so if you jsut got it just a heads up to you

x2 except mine waited like 3 months till i had no money in my account then charged me for my card and then charged me more for overdraft fees. I called and bitched that about that one and got my 60$ back though, but yeah, it does happen, and they wait till they can fuck you with it.

On a side note the dude i called gave me my $ back like it was nothin, he was just like oh what sorry about those charges theyll be removed, there was like absolutely no fighting.

x2 except mine waited like 3 months till i had no money in my account then charged me for my card and then charged me more for overdraft fees. I called and bitched that about that one and got my 60$ back though, but yeah, it does happen, and they wait till they can fuck you with it.

On a side note the dude i called gave me my $ back like it was nothin, he was just like oh what sorry about those charges theyll be removed, there was like absolutely no fighting.

they dont wait for you to go over drawn its done by a computer system an its usually 30 days after your active your card. you really think some person sits there an cehcks your account daily an waits for you to get to a low balance then charge it to you? do you understand how dumb you sound.

an they will credit back ... 1 time in a 12 month period. so prey your not a dubm ass an over draw it again cause its a bitch to get them to remove more then 1 time if its not a bank error

here soon you will be able to pay bills using your credit card online, they are changing the system at chase to instead of using just a checking account you will be able to use the credit card.

I used to credit people's fees back like crazy if they were nice to me but when they were a douche i would just say they didnt qualify even if they did lol.

as for a way around getting more points for things like car payments and such good luck lol i tried to figure out the same thing and couldn't find anything that would work well

My .02. Points suck. Cash is king. I have the chase freedom plus card, 1% cash back on everything, 3% back on 15 categories. Plus if you wait until you have $200 in rewards saved up you get a $50 bonus. So it adds up REALLY fast, as in I get around $1000-$1250 cash back annually and don't spend a ton. This is my 3rd year having the card. They JUST started the annual fee in the last 3 months, but its only $30/year after the first year, and if you just open the card you get $50 cash. It's a win win in my book.

My .02. Points suck. Cash is king. I have the chase freedom plus card, 1% cash back on everything, 3% back on 15 categories. Plus if you wait until you have $200 in rewards saved up you get a $50 bonus. So it adds up REALLY fast, as in I get around $1000-$1250 cash back annually and don't spend a ton. This is my 3rd year having the card. They JUST started the annual fee in the last 3 months, but its only $30/year after the first year, and if you just open the card you get $50 cash. It's a win win in my book.

And you need to make sure the $50 bonus is still there. I've had my card for a little over a year and went to collect my 4th $250 check to find they changed my account to not have that 'bonus' anymore. Can't blame them - I carry a 0 balance - paying off the balance every month. They never make a dime off me and just pay me rewards for using their $$ until the bill comes.

And you need to make sure the $50 bonus is still there. I've had my card for a little over a year and went to collect my 4th $250 check to find they changed my account to not have that 'bonus' anymore. Can't blame them - I carry a 0 balance - paying off the balance every month. They never make a dime off me and just pay me rewards for using their $$ until the bill comes.

I just did it in October, and had $214.xx in rewards and used $200 of them for the $250 check, so worked for me. Sucks to hear if they've changed it but I can understand why. I too carry no balance ever and I have been getting the same $1000+ for the past couple years, and I JUST paid the first "annual" fee of $30 in August, LOL.

I dont plan to carry a balance. I'm just redirecting the way I pay for things. I'm going to call the local AAA tomorrow to pursue this AMex Travelers check thing. If I have the money in my checking account to pay for them and AAA doesnt run it as a debit I cant see how that wouldnt rack up my points :)

Money orders and traveler's checks usually count as cash advances and will rape you at 25%+ APR.

There's a work around of buying large volumes of coins from the mint, they're like gift boxes for people who collect coins. Cash the coins in at the bank. I've heard of that a while ago so they may have put a stop to it now.

Money orders and traveler's checks usually count as cash advances and will rape you at 25%+ APR.

There's a work around of buying large volumes of coins from the mint, they're like gift boxes for people who collect coins. Cash the coins in at the bank. I've heard of that a while ago so they may have put a stop to it now.

I've read up on my cash advance info. The APR is rediculious and there is a 5% advance fee. My thought is that since its a debit card that i wouldnt see those fees...... its probably a crap shoot. lol