My track toy...

ICEMAN1647545504

I saw Hoblick buy himself a track bike so I thought I might as well do the same. I have been drag racing bikes for a while now and I want to try out the turns now. It's an 03 ZX6R (636). It was dropped on the left side but as you can see it is fine now. I got a deal on this bike that I couldn't pass on. Has 13K miles on it and it runs very good... Should I get race fairings for it or should I just rock it as it is???

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/iceman1234t/ZX6R1.jpg

Ice, if its gonna be a track only bike, and not see the street...

ditch the oem plastics, headlight, taillight, sell that shit on ebay.

get yourself some decent race plastics.

there are some things youll need to do to get the bike ready for track days. PM me if you want some more info and i wouldnt mind helping getting you all ready to go. i can also inform you of what gear youll need to have for track days as well.

Yeah... The R6 is gone, went to North Dakota... What I was planing to do with this one is get race plastics, they are cheap anyhow and rock them at the track. I plan to keep the stock plastics just in case I want to get rid of the bike down the road. I plan to pick up a 1000cc bike for the spring that I can ride on the road. My plans for this bike for now is to turn it into a track only bike... You might have a track buddy Hoblick for next season... This bike is actualy a very good bike... I had to drive 2 hours to pick it up but it was well worth it...

I bought an 03 636 brand new and loved that bike. STRONG motors for 600s too, mine with pipe, filter, and PCIII put down 112 to the rear wheels. Great brakes too.

As mentioned if you don't think you'll ever want to ride it on the street then do race plastics and keep the stockers for resale or sell them to fund more toys. Think hard about that though cause sometimes it's nice to be able to "shakedown" any changes you've made by riding it around on the street a bit. I'm talking about just making sure things are tight and working mind you...not attacking off ramps or something.

When I tracked my 636 I felt I got some of the best money out of these mods: Stainless brake lines (Look at Speigler as they offered a true 2 line setup for the front) and good track pads, Race Tech gold valves for the front forks, Ohlins rear shock. All and all, not a ton of money spent and it made the bike feel great and very confidence inspiring. Let me know if you've got any other questions on the bike.

I would say this season anyway run the stock plastics and just unhook the lights and tape them. Spend the money on suspension and suspension setup, hand/foot controls and tires. You went with a perfect size bike for the track and will be plenty fun.

Track days are fun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/3933725609_b2af170f50.jpg

honestly you dont need any mods for the track at all.. you have no experience. so why dump a ton of money into the bike when you cant ride it to its ability. if i had gotten a stock bike like you did, i would have put a better set of pads, some race take offs, and track plastics.. and call it a day.

if you do want to upgrade some stuff though..

steel braided, or kevlar brake lines

better pads

suspension

rear sets

but like i said above .. ride it pretty much stock and get your ability up first.

I would say this season anyway run the stock plastics and just unhook the lights and tape them. Spend the money on suspension and suspension setup, hand/foot controls and tires. You went with a perfect size bike for the track and will be plenty fun.

Track days are fun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/3933725609_b2af170f50.jpg

you got long ass legs and you still cant get that knee down..

only kidding!

Dragging knee isnt everything like most people think it is. Just because you arent dragging knee doesnt mean your a bad rider but it does mean your making the bike do the work. There is such a thing as too far over, but in my case due to my height I dont lean far enough forward. The old lady demonstrates a better lean:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/3934509226_bc9f6f0fd5.jpg

Like I said buy parts like tires and hand foot controls, anything that makes you more comfortable on the bike.