Toyota announces another recall (Tundra)

excell

That's an unacceptable flaw too. Rust? Come on...I certainly expect better when paying money for a Toyota. It's not like something that's an easy fix like replacing a tire or a floor matt either.

Here Mr. Customer, let me replace the small part that I can and don't worry....we sprayed some undercoating on the rest of the truck to fix things up :rolleyes:

Toyota trucks have always been stupid rusty, the old ones are terrible and having one that is 10 years old with the shit they are putting down on the roads I would call this pretty normal. Let's talk about how many brake lines I have had to replace due to rust on Ford's, let's talk about all the rear sub frame mounts on the Taurus's that get so bad it puts holes through the floow.

I would call this excellent customer service if you ask me. I don't see people calling back almost 10 year old cars to take care of rust issues. I would have a number of candidates for other manufacturers.

Didn't they have another recall for the same thing a few years back on older trucks than that. I remember reading something about depending on how bad it was, they were "giving" away new trucks.

Yeah, I remember that too. Wasn't more than a few years ago I don't think. You'd think they would have gotten this shit sorted out, I mean what year is it again? Really makes you question the R&D process at toyota. FAIL!

Toyota trucks have always been stupid rusty, the old ones are terrible and having one that is 10 years old with the shit they are putting down on the roads I would call this pretty normal. Let's talk about how many brake lines I have had to replace due to rust on Ford's, let's talk about all the rear sub frame mounts on the Taurus's that get so bad it puts holes through the floow.

I would call this excellent customer service if you ask me. I don't see people calling back almost 10 year old cars to take care of rust issues. I would have a number of candidates for other manufacturers.

We have a Chevy that was used by dublin to spread salt and it's crazy rusty! The frame is solid, but we have had a brake line or two break (could just be driving off-road though). Any frame section should last the life of the vehicle, this is ridiculous. Also, VW/Audi is replacing 2001-2007 coils for free again, and they'll even reimburse you if you replaced them yourself. Beat that Toyota! And still no rust on any of my VW/Audi products.

http://www.audicoils.com/

And people wonder why I think Toyota makes crap.

Thats cool about the Audi coils, but mine are good. If only they had auditurbos.com, I would get one sweet reimbursement. Now I have no reason not to buy a b6/7 s4.

Haha, if you would have bought an good old Audi, your original turbo would still be healthy and strong. Or a newer Audi turbo.... And yours are not good, they just haven't failed quite yet. I give it an hour.

This. I have a Ram that's been garaged every day of its life, has under 100k on the clock, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove and stop it from rusting.

Didn't they have another recall for the same thing a few years back on older trucks than that. I remember reading something about depending on how bad it was, they were "giving" away new trucks.

It was on Tacoma's. It was, from what I can tell, a trick to sell brand new trucks. They were offering 1.5x the value to buy back, which meant most people were incredibly happy, and turning around and going back into the show room with that money to buy a brand new Tacoma. Sucks for the used market though, but everyone possible has been trying to destroy that.

The Toyota Tacomas from 96-01 were part of the recall. They were buying the trucks back at above 100% excellent value. Had a few customers cash in on that deal, one guy had a 96 with 222K miles on it, and got $14K for the truck. Got some discounts on a Tundra, and walked out spending $3K out of his pocket. Atleast Toyota is stepping up, but it's still funny.

We have a Chevy that was used by dublin to spread salt and it's crazy rusty! The frame is solid, but we have had a brake line or two break (could just be driving off-road though). Any frame section should last the life of the vehicle, this is ridiculous. Also, VW/Audi is replacing 2001-2007 coils for free again, and they'll even reimburse you if you replaced them yourself. Beat that Toyota! And still no rust on any of my VW/Audi products.

http://www.audicoils.com/

Mines a '92 no problems here, the '87 has a little, but not much. European cars are fantastic when it comes to rust very little to no problems at all.

All truck frames rot pending region, Toyota just does something about it thats all.

All truck frames rot pending region

I dunno about that. I recently had 2 69' half-ton GMs come through, one of which was local since new. One is pretty clean and was obviously taken care of. The other had literally the entire underbody rusted badly, completely away in some places. The frame was still rock solid though, and all mounting/pickup points were strong and intact. It was missing a cross-brace though, looked like it had been ripped off.

It was on Tacoma's. It was, from what I can tell, a trick to sell brand new trucks. They were offering 1.5x the value to buy back, which meant most people were incredibly happy, and turning around and going back into the show room with that money to buy a brand new Tacoma. Sucks for the used market though, but everyone possible has been trying to destroy that.

This was about 2 years ago, and no trick.

I had a co-worker with a 99 Tacoma, 70kish on the clock. You could poke holes in the fram with your finger.

He got something like either 15k or 17k for the truck (got a little more if he bought another Toyota product). He took the money and got a WRX.

I dunno about that. I recently had 2 69' half-ton GMs come through, one of which was local since new. One is pretty clean and was obviously taken care of. The other had literally the entire underbody rusted badly, completely away in some places. The frame was still rock solid though, and all mounting/pickup points were strong and intact. It was missing a cross-brace though, looked like it had been ripped off.

This is where "they don't make them like they used to" applies...

The materials used today are not near what they were in that era.

This is where "they don't make them like they used to" applies...

The materials used today are not near what they were in that era.

That's sad. You would think with better metallurgy and all our advanced coatings we could get some cheap truck frames that would last awhile.

That's sad. You would think with better metallurgy and all our advanced coatings we could get some cheap truck frames that would last awhile.

You would think, the quality of cars/trucks now a days at times is no where near what they were. Unfortunate, but true....