computer peeps

wnaplay1647545503

Would this in fact bypass any corrupted hard drive that is currently on the computer? Essentially freeing me of whatever spam or virus' my kids have managed to get on its harddrive? And would this cause the computer to act as though its a brand new computer?

Very easy:

- Set your Bios to make sure the PC will boot from USB (may say external device or something like that

- Have your OS disc ready

- Boot the PC with the OS disc in, when doing the install, choose to have it install to the jump drive. Make sure it has enough space to install to.

Weird reason. I want to be able to go to any computer and run an os off a thumbdrive and have it be free and clear of any chance of a virus or spam of which the computer may currently have. And then when I am done I want to pull my thumdrive out and walk away with it clear of any viruses.

+3

I have used both an older CD version and the recently released DVD sized version and they both work very well. Beware, though, if you are unfamiliar with Linux it can be a little weird to use at first.

I usually use it to retrieve/backup files when I get conned into working one someone's computer that has a screwed up boot sector or a pile of viruses.

also if it is bad like corrupted with virus bad as soon as you lof in and gain acess to your info on your old hard disk the virus may be able to attack your thumb drive also... why not jsut buy a usb hard drive copy the info you want to keep onto it and clear your old drive then reload the pics etc onto the drive again ( given the virus is not imbeded itself in the files you want to save)