Deer gun season

99crb600

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going out for the deer gun season this week? if so where?

I will be heading to our farm in ross county for the first couple days to do some sitting then back up around 665 for the rest of the week to do some deer drives! I cant wait!!

heading down to my in-laws in Noble County 120+ Acres. he has a tree stand and brought me a nice Polaroid of 7 deer and one buck within 50yrds of the stand :cool:

Depending on how it all works out, I may go to my brother in laws in Athens the next day. They have 110+ acres. No stand, but some great land with plenty of targets.

Heading to the farm in Mt. Vernon.

168 acres of woods,corn and soy beans!! He just cut everything last week.

where at in mt vernon?

im going down to coshocton monday morning then rest of week is going to be here round outside of mt vernon 200 acres of deer hunting is nice :) i can hunt mornings and still make it to work on time

cousin is going with the FTX in form of 500 s&w .......im wondering how it will play out

went out this morning down to our farm in ross county got in the stand at 6:15 a.m got out at 11:00 seen 5 does and 2 small bucks toke lunch went back out from 1:30 to dark and seen 4 does Heard alot of gun shot on the nieghboring property! all in all not a bad day now for some SHOOTERS!

yea i was gonna post and ask if anyone seen any lol we didnt see shit, saw 3 deer all day where as last few years in same places we would see atleast 50 to 60 mostly does but if its brown its down ;), it was totaly weird... also noticed driving out to our spots not as many hunters out... any one else think that be the case? seemed like last yr and yr before there were hunters everywhere, drove out to coshocton hunted morning and then back to mt vernon and id say if i saw 20 orange vests in the woods id be lucky......its the only thing we could think of not as many ppl pushing deer around that and crappy weather

good luck to anyone going out tomm morning

yea i was gonna post and ask if anyone seen any lol we didnt see shit, saw 3 deer all day where as last few years in same places we would see atleast 50 to 60 mostly does but if its brown its down ;), it was totaly weird... also noticed driving out to our spots not as many hunters out... any one else think that be the case? seemed like last yr and yr before there were hunters everywhere, drove out to coshocton hunted morning and then back to mt vernon and id say if i saw 20 orange vests in the woods id be lucky......its the only thing we could think of not as many ppl pushing deer around that and crappy weather

good luck to anyone going out tomm morning

Same exact scenario for me. Seemed like barely any hunters out and all had the same story of not seeing shit. We would have been ecstatic to even see a damn deer. Going to hit up a new spot Wednesday in the shit weather. High of 54 tomorrow -- nice.

took my 6 year old son out and let him sit with me Monday afternoon. Shot a real small button buck that I thought was a doe. Normally would've passed on that deer and I passed on a dozen bigger than it was during bow season but I wanted my son to have the experience. He was excited about it so it all worked out. Sucks if you go sit for hours and not see anything and I was glad that didn't happen on his first trip out.

took my 6 year old son out and let him sit with me Monday afternoon. Shot a real small button buck that I thought was a doe. Normally would've passed on that deer and I passed on a dozen bigger than it was during bow season but I wanted my son to have the experience. He was excited about it so it all worked out. Sucks if you go sit for hours and not see anything and I was glad that didn't happen on his first trip out.

2 reasons there's nothing wrong with getting a small/younger deer.............

A lot easier to drag out of the woods and the smaller/younger deer always has a better taste to the meat, no wild game flavor.....

Congrats to all that got a Deer. To all that haven't, well there's still a few days left. Good Luck.