Anyone work for Huntington?

Radio Flyer1647545514

I over drafted my account by $1.30 and then had one other charge go through on it on Friday.

I've had this happen more than once and payed but this time I just can't afford to pay out the extra charges and want them removed from my account. I've had friends had this happen and the charges were removed.

I'm on the bank now and this Indian chick is telling me they don't do it anymore, change of policy yada yada.

Can I get the fees removed?

Most likely NOT. They have a once or twice forgiveness policy, but as you said before you have done this before so this isn't necessarily out of the norm for you, so most likely they won't do anything about it.

Sorry. If you can't maintain a checking account maybe you should try using cash only?

yes, keep complaining .... call to close the account and tell them you are moving to XYZ bank

then go to another bank this day an age if all you have is only a checking accoutn with them who cares there not really making money off you...now if they have a car loan or house thats another story...

so again this rarely works as its just not worth it to them to jump threw hoops when t here not making money off you

Most likely NOT. They have a once or twice forgiveness policy, but as you said before you have done this before so this isn't necessarily out of the norm for you, so most likely they won't do anything about it.

Sorry. If you can't maintain a checking account maybe you should try using cash only?

thsi this this! they in the past have done a courtesy fee wavier for you in the past an Yet you still over draw it... didnt you learn your lesson the first time?

bnto trying to be a dick but dude its easy as hell to keep track of your funds...

most banks will return a fee one time a year...

let me ask you this .. why should the bank retun it to you? you over drew technically spendin the banks money.... soo

moral of the story keep track of your funds you wotn over draw... an saying blahblah y our going to another bank then go... they really wont hurt with out you

I have Private Banking through the Private Financial Group and from what they tell me (I had an old account that I never used have something charged on it) it is coming from the top that they can't do it anymore. They CAN do it, but they aren't going to risk their job to do it.

I had a post like this, it got kinda extreme with a bunch of small charges that all posted at once (a bar that decided to post 8 different transactions from up to 6 months prior). I had transferred the funds to balance it that day but it was after the time it needed to be in.

Sadly, you'll probably be out of luck. Banks aren't your friend, in this case.

X2

I've NEVER used the hey help me out before. That's why I was asking if it was worth the try.

I've heard friends had it done, but they went into the bank which may be more helpful since I know all of the counter employees.

But... our checks were never brought into work which is why I didn't get the put the money in in time. I thought I still had a few cents left in my account, and I did according to my online banking. (No there weren't any gas charges)

gay. i kinda just let my bank win one, and decided i wont go to them anymore. i had an issue this month where i paid off most of my car loan to where i wouldnt have a payment for 18 months, and they still withdrew money from my account and blamed it on my automatic bill payer system (who would have thought since it said i didnt owe a payment until may 2011 they'dd take one out again).

i said fuck it and said i wont get another auto loan thru 5/3. funny too, because the best rates they have is like 5.89% and then it goes up to 8.xx% for used cars, but chases rates blew them out of the water, so that's where ill go next

I've NEVER used the hey help me out before. That's why I was asking if it was worth the try.

I've heard friends had it done, but they went into the bank which may be more helpful since I know all of the counter employees.

But... our checks were never brought into work which is why I didn't get the put the money in in time. I thought I still had a few cents left in my account, and I did according to my online banking. (No there weren't any gas charges)

well thats probably the reason why they wouldnt any jack can call in but it takes t ime an effort to step into a branch an they are more willing to do so if you step into your branch vs just calling up an it might show you have x amount of money on your online but if a transaction hasent hit your account(to even pend cause transactions can take a few days before they even show to pend thats jsut how the merchant you shopped at works) it wont show up online if its nto posted yet so eatheir set up over draft protection services so you dotn over do this again

gay. i kinda just let my bank win one, and decided i wont go to them anymore. i had an issue this month where i paid off most of my car loan to where i wouldnt have a payment for 18 months, and they still withdrew money from my account and blamed it on my automatic bill payer system (who would have thought since it said i didnt owe a payment until may 2011 they'dd take one out again).

i said fuck it and said i wont get another auto loan thru 5/3. funny too, because the best rates they have is like 5.89% and then it goes up to 8.xx% for used cars, but chases rates blew them out of the water, so that's where ill go next

yea we get that alot here at chase even if you pay for it in the branch over the phoen ect ect if you have a auto paymetn set up it will automatically come threw unless you advsied them to do other wise. in there eyes you have a auto payment set up.... any other deposits that are going in there are just more money your depositing threws the ballance so yea you have to make sure to take auto payment off that month

you know they offer overdraft protection services.
DING DING DING WINNER!!!

yea we get that alot here at chase even if you pay for it in the branch over the phoen ect ect if you have a auto paymetn set up it will automatically come threw unless you advsied them to do other wise. in there eyes you have a auto payment set up.... any other deposits that are going in there are just more money your depositing threws the ballance so yea you have to make sure to take auto payment off that month

yeah...i understand, and i probably should have checked on the auto debits. what is going to take any future auto loans from 5/3 to another bank is when i asked the girl "so what would happen if i didnt call in and stop these debits?

it would keep taking the money for the next year and a half, even though i have a paid in full account" and she told me yes. what a bunch of retards. thyere going to keep taking money on my paid in full account...and where does that money go? lol

this is the reason after the first year of my mortgage is up and i can stop the auto debit (had to set it up to get some lower rate, but can stop it without paying penalty after 1 year), i will.

but check this out...i had a woman today calling bitching that someone told me they would credit late fees, they credited 2 out of 3 assuming she would pay the balance. she didnt pay shit. then for some reason, it only hit her with 1 late fee in the next 4 months (should have been 4 since she didnt pay), and shes still bitching...she opened an account with us in nov 2008, should have ~430 in late fees/finance charges, and she was bitching over 200...and shes never paid a single red cent.

does no one keep a paper balance anymore?

i never look online to see what the funds in my account are. i can grab my transaction register and know exactly to the cent what is there.

the only time i think you dont need to keep a transaction register is if you millions of dollars in your account..

REALLY?! Chase's auto loan rates were better?! thats really surprising. Last time I went auto loan shopping every chase employee I talked to recommended I go somewhere else, that the company just didnt see any money to be made in auto loans and that I'd get a better rate at a credit union (which they were right), so i went to Telhio.

My wife works in their legal collections department, so she won't be much help to you. Your best bet is to actually go into your "home" banking location (location account was opened) and talk to them in person. It is your best bet. Plus branch managers will pretty much do and say what ever the hell they want.

your not just calling that 1800480BANK or whatevers on the back of the card? If you havent, call your branch. They are usually very nice and I did my first and only overdraft ever a few weeks ago. They were very kind to help me out and recredit me. Some bills went through unexpectedly...then i bought a cheeseburger and it screwed me... had plenty in savings at the time too. :(

I also made damn sure i had protection on everything by the time i hung up so that it would absolutely not happen again.

REALLY?! Chase's auto loan rates were better?! thats really surprising. Last time I went auto loan shopping every chase employee I talked to recommended I go somewhere else, that the company just didnt see any money to be made in auto loans and that I'd get a better rate at a credit union (which they were right), so i went to Telhio.

for what i was looking for. checking again just now, 5/3 is a little better than chase on new loans, but i was looking for something 3-4 years...5/3 will bump up the rates for older vehicles, but chase lists a rate for a certain number of months, and it doesnt show anything changing by years. so for cars 2007 or older, the rates were better w/ chase

and just to update...the woman i mentioned in the previous post bitching about late fees - her husband called today and paid the full balance on the account. lol. sucka!! knew it would happen.