2011 Muscle Car line-up

Big Steve

I got bored and started reading up on the Line-ups for the future. Ford has the GT with a 5.0 V8 coming back with 400hp and a 3.7L V6 with 315hp? Also, GM is bringing the Z28 back Supercharged with 570hp? What the hell is going on here? Oh, and the Boss is set to be released in 2012. Also, a eco boost version of the GT500 with a 427? Did the GM/Ford battle heat up?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might be heating up...

Did they mention what motor the z28 was going to have???

I want to say for 560 hp it would be something like a supercharged ls6??

or whatever is in the CTS-V... or dont know what motor they put in the supercharged XLR either I would think it is the same one though

I think it might be heating up...

Did they mention what motor the z28 was going to have???

I want to say for 560 hp it would be something like a supercharged ls6??

or whatever is in the CTS-V... or dont know what motor they put in the supercharged XLR either I would think it is the same one though

You would be correct, it's supposed to have the supercharged LSA in it.

Guest Removed
no care...its just a camaro

im interested to see how the new OHC motors do that ford is "claiming" to make by 2012

no care its just a mustang

????

this is something that will always happen between gm and ford owners..

I question is, will gm Be around by 2012?:bangbang:

With the motors and models coming out, the muscle car wars will be very interesting. Ford has the 3.7 going in the mustang will have 305 hp and the new 5.0 is supposed to be somewhere around the 400 mark. I did also hear they were planning on using and ecoboost 6.2L for the cobra. The Z28 will have the supercharged 6.2L LSA with 556 hp.

this is something that will always happen between gm and ford owners..

QUOTE]

I hontestly have nothing against ford it jsut gets me how people can hate on chevy etc just because they ahve a ford... There are points I like in both and I will not hate or put down ford jsut because I own a chevy...

We will see how this works out should be pretty good and It shows that chrysler is surely not doing anything with the challenger

Guest tbutera2112

I hontestly have nothing against ford it jsut gets me how people can hate on chevy etc just because they ahve a ford... There are points I like in both and I will not hate or put down ford jsut because I own a chevy...

We will see how this works out should be pretty good and It shows that chrysler is surely not doing anything with the challenger

chill out fag, i own a gm too

Guest tbutera2112
hey, stop fucking up quotes ..both of you..

tyler, you own a gm product....not a real gm.

:jerkit: may aswell be...gm platform with a gm drivetrain lol

i was getting at how salty he was over my comment that was meant as a joke lol

Guest tbutera2112

anything can be made fast, but ya cant fix ugly :p

i like the 2010 stang, and the new camaro....the rear of the camaro is finally starting to grow on me which was my only complaint about the car to begin with

Guest tbutera2112
I'm impressed that the V6 Camaro gets 29mpg and the V6 Mustang is supposed to get 30, good numbers for 300hp cars.

great numbers...i would be interested to see how they actually do though... im sure they can get those cruising on the highway at 55mph for a full tank...but real world results will be interesting...crazy day when the base model v6 is making the same hp as the year previous v8 model lol...2010 v8 stang is making 315

The "coyote" V8 is Fords 302 based motor. GM will be around. The Camaro has saved there asses. The Supercharged Z28 (same motor as the CTS-V) program was 50 Million to get started. The 2011-2012 GT500 is not an iron block as well. (Aluminum blocks) They claimed to have shaved 400-500lbs from the car as well to better handle and compete with the other cars like BMW, GM. Should be interesting.

With the motors and models coming out, the muscle car wars will be very interesting. Ford has the 3.7 going in the mustang will have 305 hp and the new 5.0 is supposed to be somewhere around the 400 mark. I did also hear they were planning on using and ecoboost 6.2L for the cobra. The Z28 will have the supercharged 6.2L LSA with 556 hp.

I think at that point when they are building twin-turbo 6.2L engines, that they ought to change the name from Ecoboost.

owners..

I HONESTLY have nothing against ford it JUST gets me how people can hate on chevy etc just because they HAVE a ford... There are points I like in both and I will not hate or put down ford JUST because I own a chevy...

We will see how this works out should be pretty good and It shows that Chrysler is surely not doing anything with the challenger

i have owned both and my chevy left me stranded more so fuck them pos also learn to spell check

• Downvote 1

The "coyote" V8 is Fords 302 based motor. GM will be around. The Camaro has saved there asses. The Supercharged Z28 (same motor as the CTS-V) program was 50 Million to get started. The 2011-2012 GT500 is not an iron block as well. (Aluminum blocks) They claimed to have shaved 400-500lbs from the car as well to better handle and compete with the other cars like BMW, GM. Should be interesting.

Good for Ford. Not like the Mustang has much competition from GM in terms of handling anyway. The Camaro plows through corners like a Tank. I s'pose they're going straight for the 'Vette at this point? If both of these cars come to fruition just like these proposed forms, it ought to be an exciting battle in Ford vs. GM War History.

• Downvote 1

I think at that point when they are building twin-turbo 6.2L engines, that they ought to change the name from Ecoboost.

Ugh, Ecoboost doesn't imply its a small engine. It implies an engine with high displacement power and low displacement fuel economy.

Now, you do have a 2.3 so I can see where your view is tainted :nutkick:

But to put it into perspective, it's going to have the power of a V12 with V8 fuel economy.