2011 Muscle Car line-up

Big Steve

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will still all run 15s. Just last night I heard something about some new airbag law. Cars keep getting heavier...

yea but one of these days when they realize dropping weight is important, they will find other ways to get rid of the weight. Although i do think all the air bags they put in cars anymore is a bit rediculous.

I also think that now since even the import competitors are building some cars to compete with cars like the mustang and camaro, i think both ford and GM need to step it up and offer TT versions of the V6 cars to compete with the likes of the GT-R and such. I know its a dumb idea but it would pretty cool.

I also think that now since even the import competitors are building some cars to compete with cars like the mustang and camaro

I dont think anyone really gives 2 shits about those. Atleast foreign car manufacturers. I think its more like Ford and GM is fighting to keep up, and the only way to do so is to build 1960s type cars because thats when they were at their peak.

Guest tbutera2112
I dont think anyone really gives 2 shits about those. Atleast foreign car manufacturers. I think its more like Ford and GM is fighting to keep up, and the only way to do so is to build 1960s type cars because thats when they were at their peak.

hyundai cares

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/03/2010_Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
Think thats really going after mustangs and camaros?

why else would they make a rwd performance oriented car in the same price range and power range as the american competition?

why else would they make a rwd performance oriented car in the same price range and power range as the american competition?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-hyundai-genesis-coupe-debuts/

Right from Hyundai:

We think our entry-level Genesis Coupe 2.0t, with its unique combination of rear-wheel drive and four-cylinder turbo power, offers an intriguing alternative to existing front-wheel drive sports coupes," said John Krafcik, vice president, product development and strategic planning, Hyundai Motor America. "The 3.8-liter version of Genesis Coupe takes things to an even higher level, rivaling the capability of premium-performance coupes like Infiniti G37.

EDIT: Although the article does mention the mustang and camaro as rivals...I just dont see it and its obviously not enough for Hyundai to even mention it

Guest tbutera2112
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-hyundai-genesis-coupe-debuts/

Right from Hyundai:

EDIT: Although the article does mention the mustang and camaro as rivals...I just dont see it and its obviously not enough for Hyundai to even mention it

to each their own...rwd 300hp LSD sport oriented....maybe we have a different idea of classes of cars

That car needs a big boost in power to compete with the pony cars right now. Sure, v6 for v6 it might do alright, but not when it looks like a korean accord. I'd consider it an alternative if they came out with a v6t or v8 with 50 more lb-ft at least, and fixed the styling.

Guest tbutera2112
That car needs a big boost in power to compete with the pony cars right now. Sure, v6 for v6 it might do alright, but not when it looks like a korean accord. I'd consider it an alternative if they came out with a v6t or v8 with 50 more lb-ft at least, and fixed the styling.

current mustang gt makes 15hp more, and without looking up the weight of both cars, im guessing the genesis is a good bit lighter....i would definately say the genesis would be a good run for the mustang

to each their own...rwd 300hp LSD sport oriented....maybe we have a different idea of classes of cars

Yeah. I just see big giant overweight turd with an unoriginal design when I see all these new muscle cars. I don't necessarily think that they are bad looking, and that there is no place for them though, and I dont really hate on someone for wanting one.

But with the hyundai I see the complete opposite as what I do with the muscle cars. They are all RWD and affordable though.

Guest tbutera2112
Yeah. I just see big giant overweight turd with an unoriginal design when I see all these new muscle cars. I don't necessarily think that they are bad looking, and that there is no place for them though, and I dont really hate on someone for wanting one.

But with the hyundai I see the complete opposite as what I do with the muscle cars. They are all RWD and affordable though.

i dont like all the new pony type cars that are retro and weight 4k lbs...the 2010 mustang and 2010 camaro both look pretty good though....challenger was cool at first but its slowly losing appeal to me for some reason...

as for performance, rwd - affordable - 300+hp - marketing.....im not saying hyundai only made the car as competition, but i definately would think it to be

It's short on torque, that's what I was saying. They need a big V8, or a big force-fed V6. Maybe they could get away with a NA v6 if they revved the crap out of it like nissan does, but I don't think that's what muscle car people want.

i think both ford and GM need to step it up and offer TT versions of the V6 cars to compete with the likes of the GT-R and such. I know its a dumb idea but it would pretty cool.

Will.Never.Happen.

They will never produce a car with smaller displacement that will make their stable cars (the GT/Cobras, SS's/Z28's) look silly in performance. Ford severly restrained the Fox SVO's because they didn't want the little 2.3T outperforming their beloved 5.0's.

It sucks they don't do this type of development because they have a phallace complex. Just think were we could really be with small displacement and turbo's if they would have spent the last 20years focusing on that instead.

Will.Never.Happen.

They will never produce a car with smaller displacement that will make their stable cars (the GT/Cobras, SS's/Z28's) look silly in performance. Ford severly restrained the Fox SVO's because they didn't want the little 2.3T outperforming their beloved 5.0's.

It sucks they don't do this type of development because they have a phallace complex. Just think were we could really be with small displacement and turbo's if they would have spent the last 20years focusing on that instead.

Like every European marque?

Foreign car manfacturers care a LOT about this car:

http://www.autoclub.com.au/uploaded_images/cadillac-cts-v-2009-712496.jpg

Other than the mid-engine 120k+ R8, Audi doesn't sell ANYTHING that can keep up. :) Hell, even go back to when they were selling the RS cars...no stock RS4, RS6, etc. could either. Sure a modded one could, but the CTS-V takes to mods nicely as well. :)

Foreign car manfacturers care a LOT about this car:

Other than the mid-engine 120k+ R8, Audi doesn't sell ANYTHING that can keep up. :) Hell, even go back to when they were selling the RS cars...no stock RS4, RS6, etc. could either. Sure a modded one could, but the CTS-V takes to mods nicely as well. :)

Theres the competition!

How does that thing stack up against the new M3? I would guess it gets pwnd. I'm also not so sure that it can hang with the RS6 (twin turbo lambo v10), but it might since the RS6 is a big ass car. In the RS4's defense, its old.

oh and it lacks the build quality and fine german interior, naturally :)

tyler, motor trend did an article a couple months ago with the 3.8 gensis vs the 2009 mustang Gt. the gensis was lighter, but the stang was still faster in just about every performance catagory. And now that ford is going to the new motors next year, i think even the V6 stang will take it down. But yes i honestly do think the jap companies care more about competeing the pony cars than they let people know. Also they may not build cars to compete directly with them, meaning they may try to aim the car a little more upscale, but what else is a 30-40k sport coupe suposed to compete with? Sure as hell not the vette.

And actually, im looking for the article now, but about a month ago i read that GM was sending a V6 camaro off to some tuner shop to get a complete over haul to be a competitor to the GT-R. it was supposed to get twin turbos and making some where just over the 500 horse mark. So it maybe possible to see this one day.

Theres the competition!

How does that thing stack up against the new M3? I would guess it gets pwnd. I'm also not so sure that it can hang with the RS6 (twin turbo lambo v10), but it might since the RS6 is a big ass car. In the RS4's defense, its old.

oh and it lacks the build quality and fine german interior, naturally :)

Audi doesn't sell the new RS6 here.

As for the M3; hard to say....it weighs less, but makes a LOT less power. M5, though far more expensive, won't hang power wise, and probably similar handling wise. Price wise, M3 sedan is about equal once you add options to equal a base CTS-V. But that's a different size/class of car, and again makes a lot less power (414HP vs. 556HP, and the CTS-V makes a lot more torque with a far better power curve).

Interior wise; CTS is pretty nice...and BMW isn't exactly the class leader for interiors. Audi interior might be nicer, but if Audi sold a competitive car here, it would be a LOT more money.

Like every European marque?

The foreign auto makers, for the most part, focused on a different point of small displacement and/or turbo charged engines.

"Muscle" wasn't really it.

Now makers like Audi had small engines that made some power, but not for the reason of having a muscle car.