60K mile oil change interval

CRed05

I think at that point it would be kind of stupid NOT to pull it apart and rebuild it. Unless it's a cheap beater, then run some seafoam or something through it and be done.

That's pretty good. My neighbor ran her brand new (95'?) toyota camry to almost 30k miles on the original oil until her motor locked up. She was a doctor too.

My sis-in-law had a 1st-gen Durango (5.2L V8) that at 17k miles started smoking and acting funny. I asked her when the last time she had the oil changed and she said "huh?" :lol:

Pulled the dipstick...there was a little, dry, crusty black booger on the end. I drained the oil and what little came out was something from a sci-fi movie. I put Wal-Mart oil and a new filter on it and started it up...ran like a champ. It was a lease, and I told her NOT to buy it, don't mention any of this to the dealer, and NEVER sell it to anyone you like. :)

That's amazing to me..

I have a woman I work with who seriously thought just because she bought a NEW 2008 Hyundai she didn't have to change the oil. Need less to say, the car lasted roughly 12k miles before the motor seized and she was trying to sue the dealership for not telling her she had to change the oil... STUPID.

Guest tbutera2112
x2.... haha

i had a beater corsica that i ran a good 5k miles with no oil at all.. shit stil ran gotta give it to that car was a champ. sold it wth no oil in it too lol

i call bs...no oil at all? you saw how quick that rodeo locked up with no oil...it only made it 100 yards

i call bs...no oil at all? you saw how quick that rodeo locked up with no oil...it only made it 100 yards

That's weak. I have changed the oil in many cars that literally had nothing in the oil pan, but they ran quiet and fine (as far as the driver could tell). Especially the Hondas and Toyotas, those things don't make a sound dry!

so....from the sounds of the stories here, BMW has the ability to run double the miles as a GM when abused....HAHAHAHAA....I know I'll get flamed for that one.

Those shots are gross as crap too. The sad part is that I've heard stories of oil related failure when people even stuck to BMW's "recommended" 15K intervals on some of their newer cars. It's a shame what the whole pre-paid maintenance craze did to great cars and car companies.

Yeah on these new Minis for example....they tell you to go until the car says to bring it in, or 1 year. Some people (dumb people) have gone 20-22-24K miles w/o thier first oil change!.

I think I had changed mine 4 times before mine said it was ready. at 6K each

Granted some oil analysis by a few has shown that the oil hasnt degraded hardly at all in about 15K....

Guest tbutera2112
I'm pretty sure Porsche does the same thing (although they hold like, 10+ quarts). They only want it to last through the warranty period anyway.

wow i didnt know they held that much!

and i was kinda salty about my mustang holding 8 when its done, guess i should be happy now lol

swear on all that is holy. it smoked from time to time an knocked a little but nothign too bad. the car cruised down the road too just purrd.

ugliest car ever but dam it was a champ