60K mile oil change interval

CRed05

Guest tbutera2112
swear on all that is holy. it smoked from time to time an knocked a little but nothign too bad. the car cruised down the road too just purrd.

ugliest car ever but dam it was a champ

wow....never woulda guessed that lol

His mustang has a 460, kiddos. And it's definitely a deeper pan.

yep...deeper pan

Guest Removed

7 quart pan plus 1 quart for the filter..

since i have 2 filters, and aoil cooler going on...9plus quarts

on topic..i had a kia come in once like this. lady had all of her oil changes things from fast lube..I called bs and took pics of the assm line kia filter on the motor still(different color then the replacement the dealer sells). come to find out, her son worked at fast lube, and either A, never changed it and pocketed the money, or B he made her a ton of fake receipts....

A friend of mine had a 92 Camaro with a 3.1V6. She didn't change the oil for 3 YEARS, God alone knows how many miles she drove that poor thing during that time. She'd pour in more oil when she thought about it, probably every six months or so. Engine went out, ironically enough, because a seized power steering pump snapped the pulley and nose off the crank. We thought it was savable with a new crank, until it took a prybar and hammer to get the oilpan off. There was literally a TUNNEL inside the pan where the actual oil was running to the pickup through the sludge. It looked just like those diagrams in Earth Sciences class where they taught you how caves are formed in limestone...

We had a Jeep Liberty brought into the school because "it wasn't running right". The instructor drove it into the shop so they could do the engine swap. He called me when they got the motor out. 32K without an oil change. The caps holding one of the overhead cams had broken, and the cam was bent. Wish I had pictures.

on topic..i had a kia come in once like this. lady had all of her oil changes things from fast lube..I called bs and took pics of the assm line kia filter on the motor still(different color then the replacement the dealer sells). come to find out, her son worked at fast lube, and either A, never changed it and pocketed the money, or B he made her a ton of fake receipts....

Maybe he was changing the tranny filter:D

Yeah, the VW sludge is mainly because people use cheap crappy oil and that + super high-stress turbo + neglect = sludge. Too bad really. I've owned or serviced MANY VW's from the 'sludge' era and never ever seen it. People are dumb, and VW is dumb for not speccing a good synthetic oil. Now look at what they do on the tdis!

I'm pretty sure Porsche does the same thing (although they hold like, 10+ quarts). They only want it to last through the warranty period anyway.

True but false. They print in every owners manual that if you have not met the mileage requirements within a 12 month period that you're still to do an annaual oil change regardless of mileage.

The 996 held right at 11 quarts if you drained the oil cooler with the change...and to clarify only the GT cars are dry sump these days, the "standard" cars have been wet sump since going water cooled.

Andy

What? Well that's a letdown.

Agreed. Even with 11 quart capacity there's still an issue with standard 996's and oil starvation when cars run slicks at the track. Long sustained left handers tend to starve the car for oil. There's a baffled oil pan they used on the X-51 performance package that's a direct retrofit for only $220 that fixes the issue but the real fix is to run accu-sump...or buy a damn GT3 to begin with so that you get dry-sump in the first place.

Andy

One time my little sister asked me to check her oil, it wasnt even on the dipstick and I went to add more and she said not to cause her boyfriend was going to change it for her but he told her to drive it till it was empty that way he didnt have to drain anything out, just change the filter and add new shit.