Roll car build

Sam1647545489

I think it would be all about weight. if the weight is low enough you can use shit drivetrain parts. home made tube chassis car with a fiero body kept under #1500. Mild cam, home ported heads, junkyard small block with a shit assed used turbo like a s480 All you would need is 500 rwhp. Or spray but we all know the spray is the anti christ created by the devil himself

I like this reasoning, however I say just buy an actual Fiero. They're light, aerodynamic, RWD and easily SBC swappable. Homebrew yourself a decent sized single turbo and you're in business. Transaxle might be the only hard part although I thought I saw one years ago with a stock Toranado drivetrain that held up to 10 second passes all day long. Automatic transmissions are not my favorite, but for a real race car sometimes that's just how it ends up.

I'm not not sure what the drag coefficient of a Fiero is, but I agree you likely wouldn't need more than 500 whp to do what you're talking about and could probably do 200 with around 600. I wouldn't have the balls to take an otherwise stock car to that speed (brakes, safety, etc) but I'm sure someone does.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this reasoning, however I say just buy an actual Fiero. They're light, aerodynamic, RWD and easily SBC swappable. Homebrew yourself a decent sized single turbo and you're in business. Transaxle might be the only hard part although I thought I saw one years ago with a stock Toranado drivetrain that held up to 10 second passes all day long. Automatic transmissions are not my favorite, but for a real race car sometimes that's just how it ends up.

I'm not not sure what the drag coefficient of a Fiero is, but I agree you likely wouldn't need more than 500 whp to do what you're talking about and could probably do 200 with around 600. I wouldn't have the balls to take an otherwise stock car to that speed (brakes, safety, etc) but I'm sure someone does.

FWD Caddy V8 motor

Sam search no further, here is your steed that will propel you no slower than Mach 1....

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1500872847.html

That's one bad-ass Festerosa.

Imagine how badly you could PWN on some people in such a squirrel-mobile if it was actually fast.