Roll car build

Sam1647545489

Guest Removed
I dont know of a t5 that will hold the power. I blew mine up at 400 wheel. Plus the heads like to lift under higher boost and that makes for all kinds of issues.

i can get you a brand new g force built t-5 case and all for 2k...

will take 900ftlbs and laugh at it..other then that, a tko600 would do, and a tko500 would last for a while, but the g forced t-5 would shift like butter!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I might have to go with a VR6T in a gti

I think i'm going to agree with you.. especially if the VRT is a MKIII.

I found a GTI that did what sam is looking to do.. running 11 psi with no intercooler according to him :lol:

VR6 2.8l 12v

Autotech 263 Cams

T04S 60-1 .81 Exhaust

3" Open Exhaust

No-Intercooler, No Meth

Edited by Farkas

I think it would be all about weight. if the weight is low enough you can use shit drivetrain parts. home made tube chassis car with a fiero body kept under #1500. Mild cam, home ported heads, junkyard small block with a shit assed used turbo like a s480 All you would need is 500 rwhp. Or spray but we all know the spray is the anti christ created by the devil himself

I'd say go with a FWD honda, nissan, dsm. They are generally lighter and cheaper. The drivetrain loss of being FWD will help a bit and should be fine as a "roll" car also most can be made pretty powerfull for cheap. A honda hatch with a B18/turbo, Nissan sentra or other fwd sr20 car, and the 4g63 cars. When you are on a budget it is really more about the money you save doing as much of the work and fabrication yourself than buying the parts to get the car built.

Guest Removed

is there a time limit? cause over time..you could do this.... now , the other question is, can the person doing it have the fab skills etc etc etc.

does it have to go to 160 from a dig?(it can be done, just need a live axle and a driver mod)

buy eric's car for 5k, and put drag radials on it, and a set of 2.73 gears. have money to bet with, and maybe a hooker to kill to put in the trunk for traction

but to be honest...

a poopra or just about anything light rwd that can fit a v-8...something that hasnt been sitting, so you dont have to do a ton of chassis or brake repair. gut it and attack it with a hole saw. 5.3 ls and a t56, semi truck turbo, and maybe some giggle gas