Roses: OSU v Oregon

excell

I agree, killers do win football. But you have to balance killer with lawyer. Unfortunately Tressel is a little more lawyer than I think it takes to really win on a national level - but he's the perfect Big 10 coach. Like it or not that is what matters the most to the most; the school, boosters, and yes many fans.

Oregons offense scares the crap out of me, I watched the game with them demolishing USC and they had no anwser what-so-ever for Oregons offense. It should be a good game but like people are saying OSU will have to be aggressive meaning Tressel not calling the plays!!

Oregons offense scares the crap out of me, I watched the game with them demolishing USC and they had no anwser what-so-ever for Oregons offense. It should be a good game but like people are saying OSU will have to be aggressive meaning Tressel not calling the plays!!

This is just going to be a defensive game for us, no question. Our offense of course has to get it done, but Oregon doesn't have a particularly strong defense. We'll have to stop them. As far as play calling, don't expect Tressel to give that up anytime soon. But hey if we need an offensive coordinator/caller I hear Charlie Weis is seeking employment! :lol: NOT!

you obivously didnt see the stanford game.

Unfortunately Tressel is a little more lawyer than I think it takes to really win on a national level - but he's the perfect Big 10 coach.

I hate this statement so much im sorry man. Im a huge Ohio State fan but the Big ten is falling behind other major conferences. It makes me sick to watch games with the talent we have to all be wasted. I hate run it up the gut football, that was great in the 50's times have changed. This is why we get destroyed in bowl games. Tress needs the playbook taken out of his hands drop his ego and then we should be good. I just want to win a bowl game and not be the laughing stock of sports nation....again.

Im scared as hell to play Oregon their offense can score so many points so quickly. If they play like they did against USC we are in a lot of trouble. We have a great D but we cannot go into a shootout with them we will lose. Tress needs some sort of imagination to get us the win. I would have rather played in a lesser bowl game to get the win then get blown out by another superior team. Im just trying to be a realist about the situation at hand.

Oregon will win hands down!

I will put my money where my mouth is, let me know.

I got another sampler pack on Ohio State. Yes I'm serious. :) Friendly but SEEEEEEEERIOUS.

I just hope Blount tries to punch one of our players, I say pick a lineman.

People who are blasting Tresselball and asking for aggressive play calls during this game are insane. Everyone is so scared of Oregon's offense yet they want to give them potential for more plays? Grind it out on the ground (like you should be able to due to their weaker defense), control the ball, eat clock and play great defense. Limit their possibilities to score and they'll take even bigger risks on offense than they already do due to impatience and frustration which will force mistakes.

I've got $20 that says no matter how much you all dissect the game, it's not gonna matter. Just enjoy the fucking game. And stop saying "we" and "Tressel's gonna need to..". I get it, you're like a commentator..cool.

*triple smiley face*

People who are blasting Tresselball and asking for aggressive play calls during this game are insane. Everyone is so scared of Oregon's offense yet they want to give them potential for more plays? Grind it out on the ground (like you should be able to due to their weaker defense), control the ball, eat clock and play great defense. Limit their possibilities to score and they'll take even bigger risks on offense than they already do due to impatience and frustration which will force mistakes.

Quoted for the truth!! Masoli is either hit or miss. There running back James can hit that corner and them holes fast as shit. I do think if we can contain Masoli and make him throw down the field they will lose. Rolle has the speed to keep Masoli from hitting the edge. Contain and conquer!!