Cincy vs. Pitt

evan9381

anyone just watch this game? exciting the whole time. woman i used to work with is the mom of Isaiah Pead, so it was cool to see him make some big plays. I even saw her sitting in the stands for a brief second.

FL vs. AL coming up next. will be a good game.

I'm not saying that we will beat Florida, it's going to be extremely tough. We would have to play like we did in the 4th quarter of the Pitt game, the entire game, and then some.... just to make it close. I have faith though, I know they'll be motivated to finally have a shot at proving themselves. As long as they hang with the Gators, I'll be happy.

I'm not saying that we will beat Florida, it's going to be extremely tough. We would have to play like we did in the 4th quarter of the Pitt game, the entire game, and then some.... just to make it close. I have faith though, I know they'll be motivated to finally have a shot at proving themselves. As long as they hang with the Gators, I'll be happy.

If Cinci beats Florida and Alabama POUNDS Texas it'll basically be a case builder on who should have been playing in the NCG. I don't think it'll end up like this, but oh how interesting if it does...

If Cinci beats Florida and Alabama POUNDS Texas it'll basically be a case builder on who should have been playing in the NCG. I don't think it'll end up like this, but oh how interesting if it does...

I mean, we were 1 second away from being there this year... and that Texas game was horribly officiated.... but that's a whole other discussion. Bama is going to destroy Texas, they looked horrible against Nebraska. But if both Cincy AND TCU win, then there will really be discussion about 1) who should have played in the NCG and 2) who should finish as the outright #2 in the country as well as why there isn't a playoff system.

I mean, we were 1 second away from being there this year... and that Texas game was horribly officiated.... but that's a whole other discussion. Bama is going to destroy Texas, they looked horrible against Nebraska. But if both Cincy AND TCU win, then there will really be discussion about 1) who should have played in the NCG and 2) who should finish as the outright #2 in the country as well as why there isn't a playoff system.

Agreed. What'll be even more interesting is if Alabama loses and Cincinnati POUNDS Florida, would we end up with a co-champion situation where Cincinnati is AP #1? It's possible! Ask Oklahoma.

I think TCU will win over Boise, and it's going to be a fantastic match up on the national stage. It's not going to do anything for their respective national standings, but the climate this year hasn't exactly produced any better match ups. I mean, what else could we have gotten? TCU vs Cincinnati, Boise vs Florida, Iowa vs GT is about the only other way I would pick it, and TCU vs. Cincinnati doesn't do anything for either team's respective national standing, the big winner would be Boise with a shot at Florida. Give that to Cincinnati, they deserve it.

Agreed. What'll be even more interesting is if Alabama loses and Cincinnati POUNDS Florida, would we end up with a co-champion situation where Cincinnati is AP #1? It's possible! Ask Oklahoma.

I think TCU will win over Boise, and it's going to be a fantastic match up on the national stage. It's not going to do anything for their respective national standings, but the climate this year hasn't exactly produced any better match ups. I mean, what else could we have gotten? TCU vs Cincinnati, Boise vs Florida, Iowa vs GT is about the only other way I would pick it, and TCU vs. Cincinnati doesn't do anything for either team's respective national standing, the big winner would be Boise with a shot at Florida. Give that to Cincinnati, they deserve it.

Agreed. While I think we would have a better chance of beating TCU or Boise it wouldn't do anything for the Big East. This is the best case scenario I think. I mean TCU could argue that they deserve a shot at Florida/NCG but we have played more ranked and tougher teams than the have.

You have to admit, this was a special year for college football all around. A lot of great games (ie Saturday. That might have been the most amazing games I've seen played in the same day, ever), a lot of upsets, a lot of records were broken and 5 teams ending up with perfect seasons. There haven't been many NCG that had both teams being 13-0.

And I'll be rooting for the Bucks during the Rose Bowl. I may hate most of your annoying fans but they're still an Ohio team. Gotta show support for anything coming out of Ohio (mins the Browns....:lol:). Stop/slow down Masoli and you'll win.

I'm pumped, I think the warm weather will be perfect for pike to have a big day. I just want them to utilize pead effectively. I thought he wasnt used enough during the pitt game for how well he played.

Agreed. Pead is a beast. I want to hear the "You got Pead on!" chant at least 10 teams on New Year's day. And I've been saying this since Collaros first played in the USF game: WE NEED TO USE PIKE/COLLAROS LIKE FLORIDA USED TEBOW/LEAK!! What a better time to use it than against the team that won a National Champ with it!

Why does Cincy "deserve" the shot against Florida? I think TCU is the best of the unbeatens not in the title game. Maybe better than those in the title game. They're a truly complete team (top 10 offense, top 10 defense) and won by 4 TD's on average. Cincy has no defense to speak of and their offense has one speed. TCU killed the two top 25 teams they faced by a combined score of 93-35. Cincy beat the two top 25 teams they faced by a combined 4 points.

Why does Cincy "deserve" the shot against Florida? I think TCU is the best of the unbeatens not in the title game. Maybe better than those in the title game. They're a truly complete team (top 10 offense, top 10 defense) and won by 4 TD's on average. Cincy has no defense to speak of and their offense has one speed. TCU killed the two top 25 teams they faced by a combined score of 93-35. Cincy beat the two top 25 teams they faced by a combined 4 points.

+1. I think Cincinnati will get raped and is not prepared for what's coming.

Let me guess, you're one of those OSU fans I hate :lol:

The Big East conference is a lot tougher than whatever conference TCU plays in. We have 3 teams finishing in the top 25(UC, Pitt, WV). UCONN got a tough break when they lost Jasper but was still a tough team. TCU crushed nobody teams all year long. Woo. BYwho? And Utah? Seriously?

I guarantee UC would beat TCU if we played each other.

Let me guess, you're one of those OSU fans I hate :lol:

The Big East conference is a lot tougher than whatever conference TCU plays in. We have 3 teams finishing in the top 25(UC, Pitt, WV). UCONN got a tough break when they lost Jasper but was still a tough team. TCU crushed nobody teams all year long. Woo. BYwho? And Utah? Seriously?

I guarantee UC would beat TCU if we played each other.

Easy to make guarantees when there's no chance of it happening eh? So the Big East is tougher than the MWC because each conference had 3 teams finish in the top 25? Do you read what you write?

Easy to make guarantees when there's no chance of it happening eh? So the Big East is tougher than the MWC because each conference had 3 teams finish in the top 25? Do you read what you write?

Touche. I didn't realize BYU was in the MWC. But I still stand by the fact that UC would beat TCU. TCU will crush Boise too.

Edit: Let me clarify that I'm not knocking TCU. They are a very good, tough team and deserve to be in the same talk that we are. I just think that we are the better team and played a tougher schedule than they did.

I love the way talent is being spread across the country since it helps show just how broken ncaa football is. A playoff in college football is the only system that makes sense. God I wish I liked the NFL more than I like college ball just so I wouldn't have to deal with the stupidity of the bowl system every year.

With so many undefeated and 1-2 loss teams, who can say who "deserves" a chance at being national champions ? Glorified exhibition games that mean nothing aren't consolation to the plethora of teams that have the talent to go all the way. The unabashed greed of the BCS system almost makes me sick.

I fully expect Cincy to take a nasty L (going against a pissed off Florida), and Will I'm going to take the inverse stance of your hatred of OSU fans, and redirect the hate back towards a select group of annoying Cincy fans. With that said, I will be rooting for Cincy till the last second, and I hope they pull out a nice win against a tough team.

Touche. I didn't realize BYU was in the MWC. But I still stand by the fact that UC would beat TCU. TCU will crush Boise too.

Weren't they suppose to be crushed by Oklahoma a couple years back. :)

If you are talking about the 1 second on the clock review, it was 100% the right call.

TCU is a good football team, but their schedule wasn't as aggressive as Cincinnati and for this reason alone their stats are skewed more positive. Yes they beat BYU and Utah by significant margin, and you can stretch Virgina, Clemson and Air Force as teams of significant note on their schedule.

Cincinnati faced quality opponents in Oregon State, South Florida, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh and stretch with Rutgers, Fresno State, and a much stronger conference as a whole in the Big East. Their margins weren't as large as TCU, but their opponents were better.

I'm not staying there is a giant margin of difference in each teams vs. Florida case, but I think Cincinnati has the edge. Personally, I think either team would be blown-out by Florida - I'd LOVE it to be the opposite and I'll cheer (and have been cheering) for Cincinnati until then end.

If you are talking about the 1 second on the clock review, it was 100% the right call.

No that was a legit call. I'm just surprised that Texas actually ran a play with 8 seconds left to go.... But there were a bunch of flags that were thrown for Texas throughout the game though.

No that was a legit call. I'm just surprised that Texas actually ran a play with 8 seconds left to go.... But there were a bunch of flags that were thrown for Texas throughout the game though.

They each had 7 penalties

One of the penalties on Nebraska was the ball being kicked out of bounds, so it's possible that Texas had 1 more Live Ball penalty than Nebraska

TCU is a good football team, but their schedule wasn't as aggressive as Cincinnati and for this reason alone their stats are skewed more positive. Yes they beat BYU and Utah by significant margin, and you can stretch Virgina, Clemson and Air Force as teams of significant note on their schedule.

Cincinnati faced quality opponents in Oregon State, South Florida, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh and stretch with Rutgers, Fresno State, and a much stronger conference as a whole in the Big East. Their margins weren't as large as TCU, but their opponents were better.

I'm not staying there is a giant margin of difference in each teams vs. Florida case, but I think Cincinnati has the edge. Personally, I think either team would be blown-out by Florida - I'd LOVE it to be the opposite and I'll cheer (and have been cheering) for Cincinnati until then end.

I honestly think TCU can compete with anyone in the country because they are a complete team. They've always had a nice defense under Patterson but now they've developed a solid offense to go with it and you see the results. Oregon St., WVU and Pitt are definitely quality opponents for Cincy but so were BYU and Utah for TCU. All of those teams I'd put on the same level of competition so Cincy played 1 more quality opponent than TCU and over the course of their seasons 1 more bowl team. I don't think 1 more good team on the schedule accounts for the difference in margin of victory though... especially when the margin of victory was so large against their toughest opponents.