WTF windows 7!?

evan9381

with my old XP, i could go into my folder with pictures, and arrange by file name. this way, i could have "DSC0001" and in order go to "DSC2900".

with windows 7, i can not do this. my picture folder is just mixed up however windows sees fit. ive went thru all the organization tab (month, day, tag, rating, etc), but nothing will put them in the order i want.

looked at google and it seems to be something a lot of people are complaining about. what were they thinking?

i heard it was a lot better than vista, which is why i waited to buy a new computer. my old computer was a piece of junk, so this was a needed upgade...i just hate some aspects im seeing, and im computer retarded. but even i can see this problem

with my old XP, i could go into my folder with pictures, and arrange by file name. this way, i could have "DSC0001" and in order go to "DSC2900".

with windows 7, i can not do this. my picture folder is just mixed up however windows sees fit. ive went thru all the organization tab (month, day, tag, rating, etc), but nothing will put them in the order i want.

looked at google and it seems to be something a lot of people are complaining about. what were they thinking?

Mine are arranged by file name. When right clicked; Sort By > Name. That's all mine says and the files are all arranged by name and number.

i keep hearing its like vista..and i hate vista..I'll keep my xp

Find whoever told you that and kick them in the nuts, six or seven times, you have my permission. The only thing they have in common is the Aero interface, and even that doesn't share a whole hell of a lot with shitsta.

Have you tried right clicking, Sort By, and Name? Its the same way as in every other version of Windows....

Guest Removed
Find whoever told you that and kick them in the nuts, six or seven times, you have my permission. The only thing they have in common is the Aero interface, and even that doesn't share a whole hell of a lot with shitsta.

Have you tried right clicking, Sort By, and Name? Its the same way as in every other version of Windows....

i'll remember that next time..lol

nm...got it figured out. i was trying to click on the pictures or a group of selected pictures...once i click outside the area of the pictures, it gives the option.

stupid though they dont put that option up in the "arrange by" tab.

I am able to sort by file name.... you just click on the column "Filename" and it sorts it by name..

I love 7 . Windows Vista whiners all had shitty pcs(non dual core non 2g+ ram). NOW that being said. Windows VISTA had STEEP STEEP STEEP requirements.

All those hanging on to XP might as well get used to it. XP is end of line just like windows 98 at this point.

I love 7 . Windows Vista whiners all had shitty pcs(non dual core non 2g+ ram). NOW that being said. Windows VISTA had STEEP STEEP STEEP requirements.

quoted for the truth, everyone i know that hated vista had a shitty computer.

I have a PC with a Core i7 processor (4 cores) and 6GB of RAM and hate Vista/7. XP Pro for life!

Sup?

saying you have i7 and 6gb of ram doesn't mean shit. CPU may be good but if you got shitty motherboard, ram or HDD then your bottle necking your system and vista wont like that.

saying you have i7 and 6gb of ram doesn't mean shit. CPU may be good but if you got shitty motherboard, ram or HDD then your bottle necking your system and vista wont like that.

Yes, I splurged for the Core i7 processor then pieced the rest of the computer together with parts from eMachines and garage sales.

So you are using the terrible 64-bit version of XP?

Not sure why it's terrible. But at least it can self-determine whether analog or digital audio should be fed to whichever speakers I'm using. Open Winamp, music comes out of my analog speakers. Open Media Player Classic to watch an HD movie on my TV, starts feeding Dolby Digital or DTS to my surround sound receiver. Without changing a single setting on my computer. Can't do that with Vista/7 and it pisses me off. I don't see how upgrading software should make something more complicated than it was on its predecessor so I refuse to use it.

Man I have a little 1.86Ghz Core 2 Duo with 2Gig of ram and a 128Gb SSD drive. Boot time is about 40 seconds and shut down is around 4 seconds. Internet fires right up. So does e-mail. Drives my 24" LED flat panel great. :confused:

+1

According to my computer, I have an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.5 GHz 512 MB of ram. Windows XP btw.

I don't know what that shit means, but I'm pretty sure this thing is like 7 years old, and it does the job just fine

im not knocking you for liking xp-64, you'd just be the first person I've ever heard who would describe it in a sentence that didn't contain expletives.

personally the 3rd party driver support killed it in my eyes, then MS started giving up on it before it really got going.