Furnace People I have a question

87GT

I have no knowledge on this so any help would be great.

My house sucks because of my old 1950s windows and it makes inside very drafty. My furnace is starting to have problems I think. Last year I had someone come out and check it when I was getting my central a/c worked on. It was free so why not. They said it was 10 years old and functioned fine.

Anyway I have a digital thermostat. The furnace turns on as normal and blows hot air until it feels like shutting off. I can hear the thermostat click as it turns off the gas. The air still blows for a few minutes to blow all the hot air out. Randomly has turned into often but it will usually kick on again right after the blower turns off. Then it repeats and sometimes shuts off for 15 to 20 minutes as normal. I do notice when it turns on right after turning off my thermostat either goes blank. Hitting any buttons does nothing and the LED screen doesn't respond. Other times when this happens the backlight comes on and everything possible on the display turns on. It is almost as if I just wired it up and turned on the power and it is checking itself.

Is my thermostat dying?

My furnace right now runs probably ever 15-20 minutes.

Not having insulated walls FTMFL. (being fixed this spring).

15-20 minutes is normal for my house since I bought it. What isn't normal is it kicks on right after it kicks off. And the digital thermostat goes crazy when it happens. Sometimes when it won't respond the heater runs as normal. Once the blower shuts off the thermostat turns on.