Fastest production cars ever - by 1/4 mile times.

nurkvinny

My oldest brother had a dark green 69 Stingray with the LT2 454 in it. He used the car to SCCA race and a little drag racing. I remember burning the shit out of my leg on the side pipe when I was probably 8 or 9 years old.... Damn I loved riding in that thing. My dad even won a trophy racing it on father's day 1975 at that track that use to be right off Sawmill road at Powell Rd.

I bet that car is worth a small fortune now.

and slower too if you at #16.

i think that chart is a little wrong on a few cars, its showing a 99' Z28 running faster than a 00' SS. must just be someone looking at time slips and not showing auto or manual or accounting for different drivers.

Where's the Vector W8? 3-speed auto + 650HP TT Rodeck Block SBC + Mid-Engine = not slow down the 1/4 mile.

Or the Vector M12 for that matter? Both are considered production cars, and were AMERICAN production cars.

Actually, there seems to be a number of cars missing from that list.

Where's the Vector W8? 3-speed auto + 650HP TT Rodeck Block SBC + Mid-Engine = not slow down the 1/4 mile.

Or the Vector M12 for that matter? Both are considered production cars, and were AMERICAN production cars.

Actually, there seems to be a number of cars missing from that list.

Don't know. E-mail the guy and help him improve his list.

and slower too if you at #16.

i think that chart is a little wrong on a few cars, its showing a 99' Z28 running faster than a 00' SS. must just be someone looking at time slips and not showing auto or manual or accounting for different drivers.

From the bottom of the page:

Given the nature of this list, we get a lot of requests from people asking to add a vehicle or move one up on the list, we kindly ask the public to simply point us in the direction of an article in a major, non-biased, publication that has better test times to back up the claims, before adding, or moving any vehicle up in the list.