BAD CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

zeitgeist57

I'm cheap. Every year I look for a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. This year, I got a Scotch Pine at Anderson's. For those of you looking for a cheap alternative to your more sensible fir trees for Christmas, let me warn you.

PROS:

It's $39 for an 8ft tree. It's green, full, and has needles.

It looks great once everything is on it.

CONS:

-Crooked trunk makes it very difficult to balance in the tree stand.

-Soft, quick-growth tree means the weak branches barely hold a felt angel ornament.

-As above, anything heavy is precariously hung, such that it falls while you're sleeping, breaking the ornament and waking up the dog, which barks and wakes up the infant child.

-It drinks like an Irish sailor.

-It puts out enough sap to resurface my asphalt driveway.

-Needles are very sharp, and they feel like they inject you with venom. After putting up the lights, my arm was on fire from all the needle stabs.

With all of my complaining, I'll still probably forget all of the scotch pine's shortcomings and get it again next year. It's still really cheap. :)

Or cut a pine tree down thats in a neighbors yard

lol i did this once but it was outside a warehouse near my house and the tree was 16 ft long, it was an entertaining night to say the least.

This year i bought a tree from lowes for 20 bucks and it was 8ft and looked really good, forget what kind of tree but it holds some ornaments well but the heavier ones not so much haha.

We've had the same artificial tree for like 20+ years and it still looks great....

Of course for the laughs, my dad took it to the quarter car wash to wash the thing yesterday to get rid of the "musty" smell and it looks better than ever this year...hick..I think so.

I've never had a real tree but they drip sap, I know I never will.

We have a very nice high quality yet expensive artificial tree. I think we paid about $250 or more, but it's still the nicest and most realistic we've ever seen. Even guests comment on it.

My only complaint is lights. I absolutely hate putting lights on the tree, but when it's all said and done, she looks great, so it's worth the effort.

Post pics of yours man!