School me on remote starts

RedRocket1647545505

-I wants one.

-I don't want to carry around 2 different remotes for my truck.

-I'd prefer to use my stock remote if that's do-able.

-I don't need any other frills, just starting and stoping.

-I'd also like the truck to shut off should some bum try to steal it while it's running.

-And if you could find one that will lock him in the truck until I get there, that'd be nice too. :bangbang:

Any suggestions?

Hey Mark, since you already have knowledge of the install with the ford PATS system, wanna do it again? cash under the table? lol

A cheap remote starter is just that, a cheap remote starter. I suggest anything from DEI or Directed Electronics personally. I know of a place that sells Python keyless entry/remote starters.

I've been using Crimestopper and DEI since the early 90's and have found both to be decent equipment. (DEI is a little better) I've also installed a lot of the cheaper ($25 and lower) remote starters you only find on EBay and had good luck with them too.

Back when I worked for Stereo Ltd and Best Buy I had to do everyone else's warranty work when it came to alarms and starters and a lot of the problems I ran into was either a remote range issue or with the install. A better quality more expensive starter will have better range usually, but for what these two want that won't be an issue if it's not already with the factory remotes.

BTW..... DEI is Directed Electronics Inc.

^^^To echo what Mark said, all I really want it is for in the mornings when I have to take my two young kids to daycare is to warm the car up. I can see it 5ft out my living room window on my driveway, and I currently run outside and warm it up if its super cold, so this would make it easier on me.

Mark, I pmed ya!